Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Interested in a critique of position from a triathletes perspective
Quote | Reply
Bearing in mind that this position is and has to be UCI legal. Im just curious to see what tweaks a Triathlete would suggest.

Quote Reply
Re: Interested in a critique of position from a triathletes perspective [m@tty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kilo, pursuit or tp?

Put your helmet on

Not bad roller form

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Interested in a critique of position from a triathletes perspective [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pursuit.
I will be testing helmets in the near future.
Quote Reply
Re: Interested in a critique of position from a triathletes perspective [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pursuit.
Will be testing with helmets in the near future.
Quote Reply
Re: Interested in a critique of position from a triathletes perspective [m@tty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
overall looks ok, to the point that the aero eyeball isn't going to net you much reliably.
I might try one more 10mm spacer under the stem (or the extensions) and a slightly longer stem.
If your not at the 15° pad and 10cm limits, start playing with that. May require finding a way to "push the pads" forwards. Similar with the 75/80 reach limit

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m pretty much right on the limits regarding reach maybe have 5mm to play with and 10cm drop to Center of pads will try the 10mm spacers and considering ordering some aerocoach align pads which will give some fore and aft movement.
You appear to have came to the same conclusion in tweaks as I have been thinking for a few days đź‘Ť
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From a non-UCI triathlete point of view your hip angle "looks" (may not be from a different camera angle) tight. It would kind of suck running after a long ride.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
m@tty wrote:
Bearing in mind that this position is and has to be UCI legal.

I'd consider raising your bars. Scrunch your shoulders rather than reach for the pads. Get your face down to your forearms. It'll take some testing and experimentation.

What bars are those?
Quote Reply
Re: Interested in a critique of position from a triathletes perspective [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The bars are 3T mistral with Cobb Wrist relief extensions and Aerocoach tilt blocks.
The bars have now been changed to 3T Revo but the position has remained the same.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

10mm spacer and 3mm bridge added.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks pretty good. I think for me personally I might bring the saddle back just a hair.

I like the helmet choice a lot too. I would guess it fits well in that position

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To be honest I’m struggling to get the helmet position dialled in on the rollers. It kind of messes with my special awareness when I try to turtle my head.
I have both the short and long tail sections and I’m considering riding the Scratch as well as the Pursuit so helmet should work for both.
Just got some 36cm wide Worx Track Bars for general track use can’t wait to give them a try on the track.

Think some velodrome time is needed to work on helmet fit as soon as we come out of COVID tier3.
The Aerocoach align arm rests aren’t going to be here till January so no more playing with the position till then.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
m@tty wrote:
To be honest I’m struggling to get the helmet position dialled in on the rollers. It kind of messes with my special awareness when I try to turtle my head.
I have both the short and long tail sections and I’m considering riding the Scratch as well as the Pursuit so helmet should work for both.
Just got some 36cm wide Worx Track Bars for general track use can’t wait to give them a try on the track.

Think some velodrome time is needed to work on helmet fit as soon as we come out of COVID tier3.
The Aerocoach align arm rests aren’t going to be here till January so no more playing with the position till then.

I don't want to thread jack, but if you search my username.....I have some fit pics of a setup that's pretty darn aggressive for TT and would work for track. I'm in the UCI window, if you exclude a few mm of shifter if I'm in the 25t cog for some reason.

I might not be a good example as my helmet choice is built around my fit.....I run a Tempor. But, it's a fit that would work really really well for pursuit.

I also have the Aerocoach shims, etc.... Try resting your forearms on the pads instead of elbows so that you can reduce the length of the extensions while also raising them more to stay inside the 10cm height rule but optimize it. To keep the same reach, that'd mean a change somewhere.

I'd love to see fit video front-on also.
Quote Reply