Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lubed the wrong belt!!!!
Quote | Reply
We bought our first treadmill (used) and it came with a bottle of silicone lubricant. I read the manual and it said to liberally lubricate the belt (no detail on how). Without really thinking, I popped the cover off the motor housing and lubricated THE DRIVE BELT. The moment I did it I thought "that seems like a bad idea". Lol. I have since attempted to remove said lubricant. I have tried soap and water, isopropyl alcohol but so far, whenever I step on the deck, the track stops. Lol. Idiot.... yup.

Anyone have any ideas on how to reverse my mistake?
Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: Lubed the wrong belt!!!! [Simpy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would just replace the drive belt. You'll probably have to remove it to truly get it clean. By the time you've done that you're better off just popping a new one on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Turn the treadmill one at a 1.5 and let it sit for a while. As long as its tight it should eventually regrip

What do you mean by step on deck and track stops? Thats what it should do if you stomp on it, the track and motor should stop, that means the belt is correctly tightened

Strava
Last edited by: rsjrv99: Nov 29, 20 18:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a customer do this. I think those poly-v belts just absorb the oil, and never get truly cleaned. Just replace it, they are not too expensive.

Sort of a pain to replace if you are not handy, because you have to remove the front roller.

Make sure to clean the motor and roller pulleys really good, I would use simple green.
Quote Reply