Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Blister after 7mi run with shoes that fit well before
Quote | Reply
Hi guys, seems that i have developed a blister on the side of the bony area by the big toe. This happened after a 7mi run but i could feel it coming in shorter runs to. This shoes used to be great, stopped running after march close downs and now that i am getting back i am getting blisters. The shoes do have elastic laces. Any suggestion what could be causing this? Could it be the lacea are stretched/worn and i need to get rid of them. Any other ideas? The shoes are Altra Torin 4.0.
Quote Reply
Re: Blister after 7mi run with shoes that fit well before [transam2k4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My guesses are your feet lost their callouses, tied too tight or different socks.
Quote Reply
Re: Blister after 7mi run with shoes that fit well before [Tri.Tony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri.Tony wrote:
My guesses are your feet lost their callouses, tied too tight or different socks.

These were my first thoughts as well.

You could also try using body glide or other anti chafe creams. Try different socks as well before you abandon the shoes.
Quote Reply
Re: Blister after 7mi run with shoes that fit well before [transam2k4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most likely you lost some strength in your lower leg and feet and you are just not as ‘ stable’ on your feet as you used to be.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As mentioned, probably just lost some calluses. In the meantime; use some lube, blister-proof socks, or athletic tape.

It's less likely that anything changed with the shoes.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had blisters pop up after YEARS of never having them- in basically every shoe that I tried. Super corny, but I switched to the injinji toe socks, and this eliminated all the blisters.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your feet got fat

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Blister after 7mi run with shoes that fit well before [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Your feet got fat
Lol thanks!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Blister after 7mi run with shoes that fit well before [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
In the meantime; use some lube, blister-proof socks, or athletic tape.
My go to is New Skin liquid bandage. I find it better than tape/Band-Aids because there's no end that can come loose, which then creates it's own blister. (There's a $2 off coupon on their website; no email/phone required, just print it off.)
Quote Reply