Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I'm breaking Dan's new rule... [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rrheisler wrote:
Ah, I know that neck of the woods. Practically can't get there from here...

New England: easy to go north-south. Impossible to go east-west...
Haha! Yes, 101 is the only thing close to East/West. And that road sucks. Same with Rt. 4.

Everything else you're going up over mountains and between notches and through farms. Wouldn't trade it for anything!
Quote Reply
Re: I'm breaking Dan's new rule... [jkstevens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
101 is OK till just outside Nashua, then it’s shitty till it turns into a real highway with multiple lanes.

When I lived in Portland I’d ride 25 all the way out to Sandwich. Most of the time people gave you space and weren’t shitty.

I have 5.5 acres, a log cabin, can treat the back half of the property as a driving range, have chickens, heat the house with wood, Mrs and I love it here, and my daughter thinks it’s the coolest shit. This corner of the country sinks its hooks into you. If you’ve lived here, you know what that’s like.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: I'm breaking Dan's new rule... [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm with ya there, man: NH certainly has a way about her.

I've only 1.8 acres, but mother has 20 (I take care of it), and we're only a third of a mile apart. She also has a couple of acres in Colebrook, and I just bought a place in Bethlehem. You could say I'm mostly all over the state... haha - except your little corner! Too crowded for me down that way!

Here's to NH!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkstevens wrote:
I'm not gonna fault or criticize anyone in regards to their choices... presuming they're only putting themselves at risk. Putting others at risk arbitrarily is just stupid, and I am assuming that this isn't the case here.

But what the hell do I know?

Do you think a highly contagious virus knows not to spread itself between households?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkstevens wrote:
j p o wrote:
jkstevens wrote:
j p o wrote:
On the zoom call my sister told us about her best friend from high school. They had been careful. And then they had a birthday party for the friend's nephew. 10 of 12 people have COVID. Her 85 year old mom is dead. 2 others are still hospitalized. I don't know how you come back from that.

That sucks. But that's someone not being considerate of others.

And apparently, people don't really read the entire thread, as that was the entire point to the original post: I've locked myself down because I've had to travel for work, so I don't get a turkey day as I'm isolating myself from her. And others, but she's the most important.

I'm going back to pointing at my nose...

I read the entire thread. And that story confirms your choice.

We can think we are safe, let our guard down, and really bad shit happens.
I agree.

And it can happen to anyone: honey had a doctor at her hospital test positive in April? May? Whatever... but it's weird as they were as careful as all get out: double ppe (ppppee?), shields, practically a hose-down disinfectant... if shit can happen, it will happen.

By the way: cutting wood at 94? I'd like to meet your Dad.

And the most important question: what were ya using for a saw? I run Jonsered, got a 2054 and a 2172.

He's the reason my retirement plans run out to 100. He did his first bike race, and race of any kind,,ever at 90, riding my wife's bike.

The first 50 years of my life we weren't very close. The last 4 have changed that. He's a hard man to get to know.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply

Prev Next