Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Top IM Florida Age Grouper Colin Cook interview [tamiii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tamiii wrote:
Tremendous interview.

I relate to the part about drugs and alcohol and switching to triathlon. I feel like there’s so many of us lol. On breakfast with bob, Lionel said pretty much the very same words as this brilliant age grouper in the OP. Christie Wellington had some very powerful words related to the sense of identity the sports gave her.

Would love to know more about the weekly training schedule? Mostly in the mornings for how long?

I'm with you. Thankfully sober and kicking ass after all these years. The anonymous part of AA is a great thing, but I think many would be shocked of all the wonderful people in these sports that overcame these specific issues.
Quote Reply
Re: Top IM Florida Age Grouper Colin Cook interview [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Herbert wrote:
Exactly. Some friends are in awe how fast I am running these days, but I have lots of time to train. It is well more impressive when folks are fast with less available time.

I don't know about that Herbert. Running the speed you are doing now at 55+ with the running mileage you are pulling off, given that you were fat and out of shape for almost a decade in my book is more impressive, than younger guys going really fast in spite of time available.

But to your point, a young guy finishing top 10 at IM Florida is pretty studly around kids and professional life. He mentioned something key that allowed him to race IM Florida which was with the Covid19 period and less work related travel being able to do a lot of good training from home base. That part he was bang on about. Its just really really hard to get into a solid routine while bouncing around on biz travel. But with 4 kids at home, it takes a lot of juggling. Definite kudos.

Thanks a lot Dev! I definitely agree that the lack of travel this year really helped me out. Some people handle travel better than others, but I notice that even short flights can really tax me. If you add times into the mix (fortunately I rarely have to leave the east coast when I do have to travel), and it can really throw you off. I still do my best to maintain the same bed time and wake time when I'm on the road, but being all the time was really great from a training perspective.
Quote Reply
Re: Top IM Florida Age Grouper Colin Cook interview [RLB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RLB wrote:
Congratulations Colin that's a great performance, especially given your work and family commitments.
What did your biggest week(s) of training look like?

RLB, my biggest week of training was only just over 16 hours and I think I had two 15 hour weeks in there. Other than that, it was all 14 hours or less. I did have a very consistent year of training volume wise which was helpful.
Quote Reply
Re: Top IM Florida Age Grouper Colin Cook interview [PeakTriCoaching] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PeakTriCoaching wrote:
RLB wrote:
Congratulations Colin that's a great performance, especially given your work and family commitments.

RLB, my biggest week of training was only just over 16 hours and I think I had two 15 hour weeks in there. Other than that, it was all 14 hours or less. I did have a very consistent year of training volume wise which was helpful.

Thanks, what did you week structure look like?

http://www.tri-monkey.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: Top IM Florida Age Grouper Colin Cook interview [RLB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RLB wrote:
PeakTriCoaching wrote:
RLB wrote:

RLB, I try to swimming 3x a week, but there are a lot of times I have a challenge at home that prevents me from getting to the pool. I typically ride 3x a week and run 4x a week. I hope that helps!

-Colin
Quote Reply
Re: Top IM Florida Age Grouper Colin Cook interview [PeakTriCoaching] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PeakTriCoaching wrote:
RLB wrote:
PeakTriCoaching wrote:
RLB wrote:

RLB, I try to swimming 3x a week, but there are a lot of times I have a challenge at home that prevents me from getting to the pool. I typically ride 3x a week and run 4x a week. I hope that helps!

-Colin

Thanks

http://www.tri-monkey.co.uk
Quote Reply

Prev Next