Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Oceanside 70.3 2021
Quote | Reply
California is very heavy handed with restrictions for Covid. 10 months since this mess started and we are in the worst tier, purple. I don’t see us dropping down to the lowest tier anytime soon. Can anyone see Oceanside happening in CA on March 27th 2021? I was near peaking for the 2020 race when it got canceled. I was wondering if I should half ass train this time around.
Last edited by: Jimbotri: Nov 19, 20 12:41
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside 70.3 2021 [Jimbotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
0% chance.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside 70.3 2021 [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not expecting it to happen...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jimbotri wrote:
Can anyone see Oceanside happening in CA on March 27th 2021?

Could I envision a scenario where the race happens? I guess . . . but I'm registered for the race and going about my life as if it definitely won't happen.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jimbotri wrote:
California is very heavy handed with restrictions for Covid. 10 months since this mess started and we are in the worst tier, purple. I don’t see us shooting down to the lowest tier anything soon. Can anyone see Oceanside happening in CA on March 27th 2021? I was near peaking for the 2020 race when it got canceled. I was wondering if I should half ass train this time around.

Don't blame California. Blame the virus.

Edit: 0% chance of this event happening. 0% chance of me wanting to be there even if the race somehow miraculously took place.
Last edited by: Dilbert: Nov 19, 20 10:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So basically you are asking us to predict the future in the time of Covid.
Ok, I’ll say the opposite. Vaccines will lower the Covid rates to where we are completely open and race is on at full capacity😜😜😜.
Obviously no one knows. Just train and hope and make your best guess.. I get it, planning is impossible right now.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If Disneyland opens then you can expect the triathlon to happen. I don't think it will happen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I live in San Diego, and I am signed up for the race. At this point, things are certainly getting worse rather than better, so it's hard to see any sort of event of this magnitude happening. But if the last 10 months has taught us anything, it's that it's hard to predict what things will look like a few months from now. So I'll be training with the goal of being in the best shape possible for race day, but holding the idea of the race actually happening very lightly.

I guess it comes down to I'd rather be in great shape and have the race canceled than be out of shape and have the race happen.
Quote Reply