Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: THE DUMBEST thing you have done recently? [EndlessH2O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Removed my drivers license from my wallet on Monday to show TSA, then carlessly put it in a pocket of my backpack while pushing it onto the scanner belt.

Two day later, while at TSA in Orlando I could not find my drivers license. I felt like a first-time flyer when I told the TSA Agent, "I can't find my license, blah, blah, blah..." Eventually I got through security without it (I didn't know that was even possible).

Then two minutes later while on the shuttle to the gates, I remembered where it was. Yep...dumb.

Lifeguard: "Do you need help?" Me: "No, that's just my butterfly."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At the very beginning of the shut down - we got locked out of my mom’s assisted living. Well St. Paddy’s day was always her favorite holiday. So mini Moonrocket and I get totally decked out in all of our leprechaun best with signs etc. we have to bust through some shrubbery to get to her window. We start banging on the window to-get her attention and cheer her up.

She apparently thought leprechauns were there to break through her window and kill her and freaked out.

A staff member came in and was just shaking their head at us standing there looking at us dressed like leprechauns trying to calm my mom down through the window.

Maybe I did not think that one through enough.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I mistook strap-on for snap-on.

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Re: THE DUMBEST thing you have done recently? [swimbikerun66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
swimbikerun66 wrote:
Forgot our wedding anniversary, 21 years and totally spaced the milestone. The only good thing, my wife also forgot about it as well #offthehook

This seems to happen to my wife and me the last couple of years. This year, we both forgot, and when we remembered, we couldn't remember the day (I'm only 53, so its a sad situation)

Trieatalot

It's a C minus world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Didn't use a push stick while running the table saw, 27 stitches, reattached tendon with a screw, necropsy, skin graft, 12 weeks off work and loss of good mobility of my dominant hand thumb...

Do I win? 'Cause I don't feel like I won.
Quote Reply
Re: THE DUMBEST thing you have done recently? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Started posting here again.

Ah, we missed you buddy! Now if we can talk Yahey into coming back, the world will be in balance again.

Live long and surf!
Quote Reply
Re: THE DUMBEST thing you have done recently? [Giant Steps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Giant Steps wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Ah, we missed you buddy! Now if we can talk Yahey into coming back, the world will be in balance again.

Thanks.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tried explaining to one of my brothers (a die hard Trumpie) why all these lawsuits are meaningless. "Just because you can't prove fraud doesn't mean it didn't happen!" The conversation spiraled down a rat hole from there.

Live long and surf!
Quote Reply
Re: THE DUMBEST thing you have done recently? [Giant Steps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Giant Steps wrote:
Tried explaining to one of my brothers (a die hard Trumpie) why all these lawsuits are meaningless. "Just because you can't prove fraud doesn't mean it didn't happen!" The conversation spiraled down a rat hole from there.

hahaha. You know. I've never murdered anyone, but I can't prove it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife thought this was dumb. I thought it was brilliant. 20' extension ladder on top of a platform made with sawhorses in the bed of the truck.

They used cheap plastic covers for the dryer vent and the bathroom vent covers. The UV light made them turn to dust. Three of them come out of the house above the second floor.

Whoever decided to save $50/house on these needs their ass kicked.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: THE DUMBEST thing you have done recently? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was dumb. It’s a Toyota. I wouldn’t trust it.

Other than that, I applaud you. Well done.
Quote Reply
Re: THE DUMBEST thing you have done recently? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

Responded to Duffy’s posts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My dad delivered infusion medicine to a man who fell and broke his back doing what you did. He was paralyzed and didn’t live more than a year after the accident. You wife would be much more than slightly fucked if that happened to you. Very, very bad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
My wife thought this was dumb. I thought it was brilliant. 20' extension ladder on top of a platform made with sawhorses in the bed of the truck.

They used cheap plastic covers for the dryer vent and the bathroom vent covers. The UV light made them turn to dust. Three of them come out of the house above the second floor.

Whoever decided to save 50 bucks not paying somebody else to this job when they could afford to needs to rethink this. Even at two to three times the cost not worth the risk. Or buy a longer ladder.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: THE DUMBEST thing you have done recently? [CallMeMaybe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CallMeMaybe wrote:
My dad delivered infusion medicine to a man who fell and broke his back doing what you did. He was paralyzed and didn’t live more than a year after the accident. You wife would be much more than slightly fucked if that happened to you. Very, very bad.

She took the picture to prove how it happened. :) She'd be pretty well taken care of if I die in an accident, not sure if it covers dying in a stupid.

That particular cover had to be replaced pronto. The cover had completely fell apart and the little flapper thing was laying in the yard so it was open to weather and birds. The two on the other side of the house didn't require the platform, just the truck.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:

She took the picture to prove how it happened. :) She'd be pretty well taken care of if I die in an accident, not sure if it covers dying in a stupid.

Good on you for ensuring she is set. I’ve done the same thing. Most insurance does cover stupidity and after 1 year it usually covers everything, but check the fine print.
Quote Reply
Re: THE DUMBEST thing you have done recently? [spockwaslen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spockwaslen wrote:
j p o wrote:

Whoever decided to save 50 bucks not paying somebody else to this job when they could afford to needs to rethink this. Even at two to three times the cost not worth the risk. Or buy a longer ladder.

Not nearly as shaky as you might think. The OSB was nailed to the sawhorses and there were blocks nailed to the OSB to hold the ladder in place.

The plan was to wait until Spring and rent a lift. Then I could replace the covers, paint the trim, and powerwash the house all in one batch. But the recent winds did a number on the covers.

And I very rarely pay someone to do something I can do myself.

Quote Reply
Re: THE DUMBEST thing you have done recently? [hblake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hblake wrote:

Uh, so which were you shopping for and which was the typo?
Quote Reply
Re: THE DUMBEST thing you have done recently? [hblake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hblake wrote:

I’ve got this kneeling pad by Snap-on that has their name in big letters on it. As I have gotten older I can’t kneel on the hard floor without some sort of pad under my knees

Anyways my wife and I have gotten used to calling it the strap-on. I’m sure at some point my in-laws will be visiting and I will ask my wife to get the strap-on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:

Many Home Depot’s and Lowe’s will rent a long ladder at very reasonable rates
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please don't fall off a ladder and break whatever. I am kinda the same and have had to learn to start paying someone to do things for me. No way am am getting up on my roof unless a flood is coming through my roof. I am reminded of the episode in a river runs through it where dad is up on the roof. A year ago I had a farmer fall 20 ft off the roof of a grain bin and bust both arms, his pelvis and about ten ribs. I doubt he was as careful as you though.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply

Prev Next