Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Disappointing field test? Helmets and head. [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My hunch is it's all in the shoulders and how people's shoulders present to the air. Also, I really wonder if some people wearing size L helmets versus size M might not see as much a difference. Since already the ratio of a size L helmet to the shoulders versus a M is going to be bigger. I bet the bigger difference is in folks wearing size M.

I may try it without the visor. I leave the visor on and kinda rotate my head in. My ears are floppy so it doesn't bother me. I just don't own framless sunglasses where you're looking down at the road so with the sunglasses I do own I can't test that yet.

I have a clutch/shadow RD in the mail. Next will be another few millimeters update to my DIY computer mount. I puts it right behind my hands but in pics I can still barely barely see it peeking out a hair. That's something, and that'd be free (zipties and a file).

Lastly, bearings and such. Deal with that though is I don't trust all I read yet about big pulleys and this and that.
Quote Reply
Re: Disappointing field test? Helmets and head. [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got the Sram clutch (x11 force or whatever it's called) - I took the stock pulleys out and put in a 13/15 combo from KCNC (was like $30 or something) been pretty happy with them. Then I 3d printed a cover for the derailleur cage and wrapped it in carbon. Cheap, looks cool, and should be worth at least 1 / 100th of a watt.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Disappointing field test? Helmets and head. [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
I've never teased out what about a person's position or morphology makes it fast
I wish I had the magic eye that could tell me when and why something would be fast (or others slow). All I can do is measure, hypothesize, and then do more measurement to see if that was it.
Quote Reply
Re: Disappointing field test? Helmets and head. [RChung] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RChung wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:
I've never teased out what about a person's position or morphology makes it fast

I wish I had the magic eye that could tell me when and why something would be fast (or others slow). All I can do is measure, hypothesize, and then do more measurement to see if that was it.

In the wind tunnel video for Drag2Zero with Obree, he had a typical great little Obree quotable where he was like "when they banned the ole egg position it kinda made you go 'whoa'. It spoiled it for ya. Then you start imagining again." In describing moving over to the superman position.

I've eyed those KCNC, I have the same idea. I was going to make my own RD cage to go with the clutch/shadow RD. I have an idea how I'm going to do it.

I am NOT any kind of UCI rider, likely never will be at any age. But I do try to keep it reasonable. Like, the RD cage needs to be "integral" and not flapping around like an added on "deflector". Like the Raltech one. But not for 219 gbp.
Quote Reply
Re: Disappointing field test? Helmets and head. [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

this is how mine ended up. "Structural" :D

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Disappointing field test? Helmets and head. [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Morelock wrote:
this is how mine ended up. "Structural" :D

So much win. Good work.

I don’t think the Spec. Win Tunnel could handle it!
Quote Reply

Prev Next