Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

risers (for arm pad only) for SC 2020
Quote | Reply
 I have had a Retul fit. Great guy. We have the bike dialed in well, and a few fitness goals to work on... (im still a bigger guy)
My set up is on the far/tall setup, that's already "done".

On the trainer, doing V02 work, my gut still gets in the way when aero... if i roll up a towel across the arm pads for another 2-3cm off height, man it feels incredible. For now...for the winter... what are options?

I'm about ready to seran wrap a towel over them... I see 'risers' for a few brand name aero bars, but I am NOT interested in changing a new cockpit...

Have any of y'all found a good way to just raise the arm pads up? (is there a secret fat shim and screw set?)
Quote Reply
Re: risers (for arm pad only) for SC 2020 [mdspinedoc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe some CeeGees pads? Those are thicker than the stock Bontrager pads and will add a bit of height and probably comfort as well.
Quote Reply
Re: risers (for arm pad only) for SC 2020 [Z28Diddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah. Looking for a BIT more but that’s a start.

Was expecting the first answer to be “just drop the weight”. Working on it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mdspinedoc wrote:
I have had a Retul fit. Great guy. We have the bike dialed in well, and a few fitness goals to work on... (im still a bigger guy)
My set up is on the far/tall setup, that's already "done".

On the trainer, doing V02 work, my gut still gets in the way when aero... if i roll up a towel across the arm pads for another 2-3cm off height, man it feels incredible. For now...for the winter... what are options?

I'm about ready to seran wrap a towel over them... I see 'risers' for a few brand name aero bars, but I am NOT interested in changing a new cockpit...

Have any of y'all found a good way to just raise the arm pads up? (is there a secret fat shim and screw set?)

You're almost at 1/2 of what I end up having to pedestal my left side on my Gen 2 SC thanks to my shorter humerus on that side. I'm rising mine up 50mm to get me level up front by using two Vision/FSA risers. You could just do one to get 2.5 cm. But...I really don't like the fact that they are sideways and a small wall to the wind. I just need a real close friend that can do some fabrication for me to modify the cross piece that the pads screw into...I'm sure it's hundreds of dollars to get something made custom.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go to the hardware store for some washers and longer screws. If you want to build the sort of oval cross bar up so it is flat on the top, you can use some JB Weld for a permanent fix or some Sugru as a more temporary solution.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, you used metric values so I have absolutely no idea how far that is! ;)
Quote Reply
Re: risers (for arm pad only) for SC 2020 [Z28Diddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you record your swim in yards or meters?

I'm being pulled to metric system b/c my rides are "worth more" in Zwift... that was the final blow.

i just want to be 1-2" higher for comfort..

CeeGees are not easy to figure out which pad...anyone running a 2020 SC with CeeGees?
Quote Reply