Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Early voting, over 21 Million so far (update 10/19, 29M)... [907Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
907Tri wrote:
Texas now 94.1% of the 2016 voter turnout has cast their ballot. That is 8.4 million.

Trump won by 800k votes. I don't see it swinging, bit I see the gap closing, but by how much?

I think that gives an idea for other key swing states.

Overall 58.1% of the 2016 electorate have voted already.

Anyone know how many voted on Election Day in 2016?

This has all the vote totals - https://en.wikipedia.org/...residential_election

Texas almost certainly passed 2016 vote totals today or will tomorrow.

8,525,424 is the reported total. 8,685,734 voted in 2016.

All the models show a higher turnout favors Democrats. We will find out if they are right.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Early voting, over 21 Million so far (update 10/19, 29M)... [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I mentioned this in another thread but what group has Trump actually pulled more voters in from. The only people he hasn’t pissed off are people who are happy that he’s pissing people off. The republicans have a major problem, offending every group imaginable besides white voters isn’t a really good long term game plan.

I’m very much ready to not hear about every dumb thing he says each day.
Quote Reply
Re: Early voting, over 21 Million so far (update 10/19, 29M)... [Grantbot21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed, and that is what makes this all fascinating.

He has not expanded his coalition at all, his base has created more breadth. So the question is how much more depth does he have with those voters?
Quote Reply
Re: Early voting, over 21 Million so far (update 10/19, 29M)... [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
907Tri wrote:
Texas now 94.1% of the 2016 voter turnout has cast their ballot. That is 8.4 million.

Trump won by 800k votes. I don't see it swinging, bit I see the gap closing, but by how much?

All the models show a higher turnout favors Democrats. We will find out if they are right.

Texas surpassed 2016 totals, 9 million votes cast, and all time records yesterday. Today is the last day of early voting in the state.

Quote:
The state is reporting 9,009,850 votes already cast, vs. the all-time record of 8,969,226 in 2016.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Early voting, over 21 Million so far (update 10/19, 29M)... [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
j p o wrote:
907Tri wrote:

Texas surpassed 2016 totals, 9 million votes cast, and all time records yesterday. Today is the last day of early voting in the state.

Quote:
The state is reporting 9,009,850 votes already cast, vs. the all-time record of 8,969,226 in 2016.

So are like 4 people planning to vote on election day?

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Early voting, over 21 Million so far (update 10/19, 29M)... [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:

Wow, that's crazy, Texas has already banked 100.5% of 2016's total. Of course, the population has grown by maybe 5%, but still. Hawaii has logged 104.5%. It looks like most of the west will have finished voting before Tuesday. That is one way to avoid voter apathy from knowing the results!

https://electproject.github.io/Early-Vote-2020G/index.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
jmh wrote:
j p o wrote:
907Tri wrote:

Quote:

Estimated Voting Eligible Population of TX is 18.8M. 16.2M are registered. 55.5% turnout so far. 1992 was the high water mark for turnout (since full eligibility) at 72.9% of registered voters voting. That's only another 2.8M!

Only 59.39% voted in 16. They only need 620k to beat turnout percentage of registered voters in 16. They've already beat the turnout both election GW was running!
Quote Reply
Re: Early voting, over 21 Million so far (update 10/19, 29M)... [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scorpio516 wrote:

Estimated Voting Eligible Population of TX is 18.8M. 16.2M are registered. 55.5% turnout so far. 1992 was the high water mark for turnout (since full eligibility) at 72.9% of registered voters voting. That's only another 2.8M!

Only 59.39% voted in 16. They only need 620k to beat turnout percentage of registered voters in 16. They've already beat the turnout both election GW was running!

Ah but what does it all mean? Are both sides equally jazzed up about their guy getting elected? Are a ton of 2016 non-voters sick of the Pumpkin in Chief?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
jmh wrote:
j p o wrote:
907Tri wrote:

Quote:

I just drove by a local polling station, and there were about 25-30 people in line.

Not sure how many will be there Tuesday, but I hope the line is 100 people deep.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Early voting, over 21 Million so far (update 10/19, 29M)... [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
scorpio516 wrote:

Ah but what does it all mean? Are both sides equally jazzed up about their guy getting elected? Are a ton of 2016 non-voters sick of the Pumpkin in Chief?

If I knew, I wouldn't spend my day on LR ;)

But, most models show that as turnout increases, the likelyhood of a R victory decreases. More people (percentage) have turned out so far than who turned out to vote for a popular ex-governor
Quote Reply
Re: Early voting, over 21 Million so far... [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
library in my small, 90+% R town opened on Sat for voting. They had record turnouts on Sat, even bigger counts yesterday, wife went last night and was in and out though. I went this AM, line was wrapped around the parking lot, ran errands, came back an hour later and line was still wrapped around the lot. Will try tomorrow night I I guess.

Went up again this afternoon and there were about 20 people in line so I waited. Line moved quicker than I expected. It literally took 2 minutes in line and the woman behind me asks how long is the wait and then tells me she's glad she doesn't have to wear a mask because "I have a hard time breathing in them." For fucks sake, I wish I was making that up. Gave me the idea to start counting. Saw 43 voters, 27 weren't wearing masks, 19 of those were women, 10/16 wearing were men. Total number wearing surprised me a bit (not by a lot - thought it would be less around here). More men than women wearing surprised me as well. 5 out of 8 poll workers not wearing with one of those wearing the only outdoors worker.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is the city shutdown preventing voting?
Quote Reply
Re: Early voting, over 21 Million so far (update 10/19, 29M)... [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
Is the city shutdown preventing voting?

Short answer no.

But, what shut down?

The county judge's order (here) specifically exempts election related activity as essential from shut down.

However that order it violates the Governor's executive order GA-32. So the State AG has declared it illegal. And the city Mayor, who is up for re-election on Tuesday, has told people that not only is it illegal, but it will not be enforced in the city. (El Paso city is about three-quarters of the population and a quarter of the land area of El Paso county)

The Mayor (R) has also asserted the current congressional rep (D) (who was the former county judge prior to her election) in cahoots with the current county judge (D). The congressional rep has been very critical of the mayor over the last month and his handling of the pandemic locally. The lack of cooperation and communication between the mayor and the judge in the last month has been noticeable. The Mayor, Judge, Congressional Rep and AG are putting on quite a clown show in the last 24 hours. It is embarrassing at the lack of cohesive leadership.

So in reality the county judge's order is an unenforceable suggestion that doesn't have the support of the mayor or governor.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
jmh wrote:
j p o wrote:
907Tri wrote:

Quote:

My wife and I are voting on election day. I live in PA and not really trusting the mail in system.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gotcha. So I suppose, life goes on as before and folks are just pissed by the order (definitely seen a whole bunch of angry posts since yesterday).
Quote Reply
Re: Early voting, over 21 Million so far (update 10/19, 29M)... [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Early voting is finished here in Texas. In my county, which borders Houston, the turnout was about 20k higher than both early/day of voting in 2016, around a 15% increase. Early voting was 50% higher than 2016. Highest ever turnout in this county was 75% in 1992. I could see Tuesday pushing past that.
Quote Reply

Prev Next