Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lesson in how to stay alive on a trail run [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had to outrun a large turtle the other day.
Quote Reply
Re: Lesson in how to stay alive on a trail run [hubcaps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hubcaps wrote:
Yup, I think he made big mistake trying to film the kittens (millennials and their social media...).

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Lesson in how to stay alive on a trail run [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As soon as he stops, she stops and bolts. He could have stopped much earlier. She wanted him away from her cubs, as long as kept going, she kept 'pushing' him away. If he would have stopped she would chose to go back to her cubs. Fighting is dangerous for wild animals, if she gets hurt she and her cubs will be dead. If she had wanted to kill him he would have never seen her coming and there wouldn't have been a video.
Quote Reply
Re: Lesson in how to stay alive on a trail run [TriStart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriStart wrote:
If she had wanted to kill him he would have never seen her coming and there wouldn't have been a video.

I was thinking that too - what if he had gone past the cubs, and she came up from behind him

Headline wouldn't been: "Video reveals what happened to lone hiker/trail runner"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Lesson in how to stay alive on a trail run [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone seen the parody, fing hilarious! It's doing the rounds on FB.
Quote Reply
Re: Lesson in how to stay alive on a trail run [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
Perhaps it's the video, but she looks small, hard to imagine her doing much damage, but as you said at the 3min mark very quick, vicious and aggressive.

Have you ever given and 8 pound house cat a bath?
Quote Reply
Re: Lesson in how to stay alive on a trail run [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
WFPB Athlete wrote:
My first thought was you're surrounded by rocks, start chucking. Of course the first one he throws thwarts an attack. What a dumbarse!
That was my first thought. My second thought was he played it correctly but not provoking the cat with rocks. He’s alive and without injury. How can you label him a dumbass?

When he bends down he should keep his head up and eyes on the cat, otherwise it's going to see him lower as a signal that it can come at him when he's lower and vulnerable. He just needed to bend down and grab a few and start hukking them. He could have done it sooner. The longer it went on the animal saw him as less likely to defend himself. I know it from some near misses with packs of dogs cycling.
Quote Reply
Re: Lesson in how to stay alive on a trail run [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As I was watching for the 5 minutes I kept saying "Pick up a big rock!" and when he finally did I so happy she ran away!!
Quote Reply
Re: Lesson in how to stay alive on a trail run [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
Has anyone seen the parody, fing hilarious! It's doing the rounds on FB.

Is the parody on youtube?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Lesson in how to stay alive on a trail run [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What have we learned here today?

They don’t respond to f-bombs or the word please. If you ask what they want you to do, you don’t really get an answer. So, don’t try any of that in the future.

Given all the rocks on that trail, he had to be praying that he didn’t trip and fall down. I wonder what she would have done?
Quote Reply

Prev Next