Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

INSCYD Experiences
Quote | Reply
Looking for people who have use INSCYD as a coach or athlete to provide feedback on how it has worked for you?. One of the most interesting features is performance projections. Has anyone use this option to change training and have seen benefit in performance? Thanks for sharing your experiences.

BoulderCyclingCoach.com
Quote Reply
Re: INSCYD Experiences [rockdude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems that INSCYD is widely used in the pro tour, has it not trickled down to amateurs cyclist and Triathletes?

BoulderCyclingCoach.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been using it since June. Via an Instagram competition of team Jumbo-Visma, I won one of their PPD tests. The results were somewhat surprising (in a positive way mostly) and provided me some insights I wasn't aware of. I didn't think my VLaMax would still be this high after 3-3.5 years of endurance training. So my coach and I started working on trying to lower that with quite a bit of FatMax work, some sober rides, and a few sweet spot workouts. I was at 4.45W/kg (295W) FTP at the time, and without an increase in volume, my FTP has now gone up to 304W (4.61W/kg) already which I think is a nice increase. There's still more work to be done but in only 4 months of time, it has worked well for me. I only did an FTP test this time so I would like to do a new PPD test soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not quite understanding how this is works.

It's software, but you have to use one of their coaches? It's not available for an athlete training themselves like WKO or GC?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did an inscyd test back in June for my coach.
It sort of confirmed what we both suspected in my v02max was pretty poor, and the ability to process lactate as fuel after a few years of illness and disrupted fitness.
As a result of the test we’ve worked hard since then on this area and it certainly feels like I’m adapting to this level of intensity, while not neglecting the z2 work.

It’s not the sort of test you’d do every month or so, I think it’s probably a 6 monthly type as it’ll take a while for the adaptations to occur. We’ll see when I do the next I guess.

In a controlled environment (turbo) it’s meant to be a very repeatable non invasive lactate and metabolic test.
Quote Reply
Re: INSCYD Experiences [cielo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cielo wrote:
I'm not quite understanding how this is works.

It's software, but you have to use one of their coaches? It's not available for an athlete training themselves like WKO or GC?

It’s not training software like wko etc, but a virtual blood lactate and metabolism test analyser.
You do a series of intervals over a set length of time, and then whoever you pay with access to the inscyd software plugs the fit file into it.
It then shows up where it sees your limiters.
It’s upto you then how to approach the training to work on these points.

What it shows is that 7 zones based on an “ftp” aren’t a particularly accurate way of basing training.
Quote Reply