Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mini wetsuit for getting cold in the pool
Quote | Reply
Hi all, I get really cold in the pool. I've tried a variety of things without success. Can you tell me please if there is a partial type of wetsuit, maybe thinner, sleeveless and shortened legs, that might work in the pool? Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Mini wetsuit for getting cold in the pool [tpolitzer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.swimoutlet.com/...wetsuit-buying-guide

You are looking for a 1mm wetsuit, usually called a Rash Guard suit, because surfers use them in warm water to protected them from board rash and bottom contact.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just bought a Kneeskin wetsuit from Zone3 that may be what you're looking for. Above the knee, sleeveless, and 2 mm. I've only used it once in low 70 degree water, but so far so good.

Alternatively, you could buy a separate neoprene vest and shorts, also available from Zone 3.
Quote Reply
Re: Mini wetsuit for getting cold in the pool [dktxracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
De Soto also makes a vest top that you can pair with cheater shorts to effectively create a 2pc shorty wetsuit.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Keep in mind, that if you swim regularly in a chlorinated pool, the chlorine will wreck it in about 3 months or so. Even with religious rinsing. I don't use cheater shorts anymore, and won't use my vest or shortie bottoms in the pool anymore.

Athlinks / Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Mini wetsuit for getting cold in the pool [Dean T] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you all for the suggestions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We buy sleeveless wetsuits on sale, and trim the legs just above the knee. PM me and I'll walk you thru the trimming part.
True, the chlorine will shorten the life of the suit, but proper maintenance will help extend it.
Good idea to do this for your training and racing wetsuits, too.

1. Rinse inside and out with fresh clean water after each use. Roll inside out in a towel to remove extra water. Hang inside out to dry, or lay out in car trunk.
2.Clean with wetsuit shampoo as per directions at least once every 4 swims. Basically, you make a bubble bath for the suit in tub or large bucket, soak, then rinse and let dry.
3. I've also found that UV Protectant, used on the outside on the smoothskin rubber, conditions and protects the suit against pitting and degradation from pool chemicals.

Take care of your suit, and it'll take care of you.

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply