Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

B2
Quote | Reply
Has anyone received their B2 yet?

I'm very curious as to the ride quality.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: B2 [tripoet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We were told a 54cm B2 (sold unit) was shipped to us from Felt yesterday.

As for ride quality, that will be determined more by tire selection (clincher or tubular, tire brand, width and inflation pressure). All the B2's we sold were speced with Tubulars. The factory spec was clinchers. That didn't make any sense to us so the good folks at Zipp were kind enough to swap that out for us.

The frame itself is the exact same frame as the Felt S22, in other words, The S22 and B2 have the same frame, fork, headset, stem, handlebar and clip-on, tires, front derailleur, rear derailleur, and brakes. The primary difference is cranks, shifters, cassette and wheels.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I pick mine up on Saturday. I'll let you know after I take it out on Sunday morning!!!

Como se dice STOKED in Espanol? Frances?
Quote Reply
Re: B2 [MikeinCA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where'd you git it?

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, you guys are killin' me here.....I missed the boat on the B2 frameset in 58cm and there doesn't appear to be another boat coming. Available last week, but not anymore! Crap.
Quote Reply
Re: B2 [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got it in a local shop called Circle Cycle in Redondo Beach.

I kind of cheated in the sense that they offered to order a frame and supply the components out of their own stock for the same price as Felt offers and even gave me an additional discount to incentivize me to buy then. With CSC team zeros and new shoes the total price with tax should be about $3500. Since my girlfriend and I ride the same size bike I might be giving it to her if it fits. They are a FIST certified shop so we'll see how that goes. I will be riding it for at least a week though.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I figured that may have been the case since none of the completes have really shown up that I know of.

Tell your shop "Thank you" and buy them some coffee. They lost about $700 on that deal at normal margins, so they did you a very, very big favor.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: B2 [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been a VERY good customer of theirs for the last 6 years. I was going to bring in a couple of cases of beer for them to enjoy which brings up a question.....

You own a bike shop, would it be cool if someone repayed an effort like that with beer? Or would you prefer other something else?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just proofread my last post. I'm really not that iliterate, I promise. Repayed??? WTF????
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, considering I've never even tasted an alcoholic beverage I'm not qulified to comment on that.

I would presume, however, that most shop guys would greatly appreciate that. Be sure you give it to them after your bike is built though.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Has anyone received their B2 yet?

I'm very curious as to the ride quality.

Thanks.

Wow, they do sell stealth bombers for private use?

That's really impressive! Can I also please have one?

regards,

Frank

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.
Quote Reply