Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Why is all these "patriots" a bunch of fat dudes?? [Big Endian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Big Endian wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
Big Endian wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:

In fairness most middle aged men are fat, so I'm not sure you'd see much difference with any other group comprised mostly of that demographic.

Not in most parts of the world that are not the US and Canada.

Not true.

https://en.wikipedia.org/...ries_by_obesity_rate

Other than the distance in placings between the US and Canada, I'm not sure that table makes a powerful argument against what I argued. I suppose I should have further equivocated to Western or European descended societies?

If you only look at western societies then its 1) USA 2) New Zealand 3) Canada 4) Australia 5) UK. according to the posted chart. All English speaking countries interestingly.
Quote Reply
Re: Why is all these "patriots" a bunch of fat dudes?? [schroeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
schroeder wrote:

That's a meme for the euros - that is no longer "fat" in the U.S.
Quote Reply
Re: Why is all these "patriots" a bunch of fat dudes?? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
schroeder wrote:

this is the "new skinny". Was reading an article in which the author stated that its accepted normal to be over weight these days. People are constantly telling my wife and I that we're "too skinny" because we're the same weight now as in our mid 20's. We have to work at it, but I don't have one single old friend who hasn't gained at least thirty lbs since their 20's.
Quote Reply
Re: Why is all these "patriots" a bunch of fat dudes?? [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah what could possibly drive them to be angry? The inability for a 40 hour week to result in the basic middle class lifestyle? The fact that the top 1% in income have a life expectancy of 15 years longer than the bottom 1%. It’s not just lifestyle- it’s actual life length too.

We are well past the income inequality level that academic papers predict will result in revolution. And we’re surprised people are marching with guns.

It’s not how I would have pictured it happening. But when you create a society where a large amount of people don’t have a lot to lose history says it will happen.

Perhaps you are surprised when you see what is statistically a representative American because - like how they feel - we as a society ignore them and only portray a small segment of society.

We’ve got a public school system which is supposed to be the great equalizer that has devolved into a system that rations education quality based on housing budget. About the exact opposite of what it was intended to do.
Quote Reply
Re: Why is all these "patriots" a bunch of fat dudes?? [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:
Every time I see video of so called patriots from the USA. I mostly see a bunch of fat dudes with guns.

Do you have to be fat to be a member of these groups?

Maybe they should start with triathlon.....

Lol.

I can only imagine the backlash if some non-identifyer came in posting negative stereotypes for women or LGBTQ community groups he was not a member of.

Hell, apparently you can’t even discuss the physical differences between men and women in sports without being a sexist prick who shouldn’t weigh in with his opinion.

But making fun if overweight conservative political groups is acceptable.

This is what makes me scratch my head.
Quote Reply
Re: Why is all these "patriots" a bunch of fat dudes?? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Yeah, I've been watching Always Sunny in Phil (the most horrid and horridly funny show ever) and thought of Mac and his obsession with mass.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:
Every time I see video of so called patriots from the USA. I mostly see a bunch of fat dudes with guns.

It's not just the dudes

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have often wondered the same thing about scuba divers. I got into diving about 10 years ago and dive at resorts on easy, fun dives. My partner doesn't dive so I am always hooked up with an instabuddy on the boats.

I swear 95% of the people on these boats are old and fat. Not sure what about diving makes fat old people want to join in, but it is statistically significantly skewed towards fat olds.

Just a side note, it's not only "patriots".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They have "tactical corsets" now so that should help them look a bit slimmer.
Quote Reply
Re: Why is all these "patriots" a bunch of fat dudes?? [SDG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SDG wrote:
I have often wondered the same thing about scuba divers. I got into diving about 10 years ago and dive at resorts on easy, fun dives. My partner doesn't dive so I am always hooked up with an instabuddy on the boats.

I swear 95% of the people on these boats are old and fat. Not sure what about diving makes fat old people want to join in, but it is statistically significantly skewed towards fat olds.

Wife and I are divers for many years. We're just old, at least I am (69/53), but not fat. :-) But I agree with your observation. I guess many people over 50 yrs are fat. Scuba diving is in the same situation with Harley Davidson, golf and many other boomer icons. when I started diving in my 20's (certified 1976) it was a young persons sport, just like back then the average HD rider was 27 yrs old. Now most scuba divers and HD riders are 50+. Younger people just can't afford it any more, or they're just not interested.
Quote Reply
Re: Why is all these "patriots" a bunch of fat dudes?? [Yeeper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeeper wrote:
Halvard wrote:

Lol.

I can only imagine the backlash if some non-identifyer came in posting negative stereotypes for women or LGBTQ community groups he was not a member of.

Hell, apparently you can’t even discuss the physical differences between men and women in sports without being a sexist prick who shouldn’t weigh in with his opinion.

So you are saying these "patriots" is a bunch of fat dudes.
Thank you for answering my question.
Quote Reply
Re: Why is all these "patriots" a bunch of fat dudes?? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
SDG wrote:

Wife and I are divers for many years. We're just old, at least I am (69/53), but not fat. :-) But I agree with your observation. I guess many people over 50 yrs are fat. Scuba diving is in the same situation with Harley Davidson, golf and many other boomer icons. when I started diving in my 20's (certified 1976) it was a young persons sport, just like back then the average HD rider was 27 yrs old. Now most scuba divers and HD riders are 50+. Younger people just can't afford it any more, or they're just not interested.

When I got into diving I was expecting it to be a community of fit, adventurous, fairly risk seeking folks. I found it to be a a bunch of lumpy, dumpy old folks. Not that it affects my enjoyment or love for the sport. Just not the crowd I figured it would be.

I think you are right on cost. Can't fly off to Bahamas, Cozumel, Maldives a few times a year in your 20s or 30s.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
True American Patriots understand that when the Libturds finally have their way and cause the downfall of society it will be every straight white male for himself. Food distribution will be disrupted so they are putting on the pounds in order to make it through any lean times.

Trieatalot

It's a C minus world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:

Zombieland Rule #1: Cardio
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:
Yeeper wrote:
Halvard wrote:

Lol.

So you are saying these "patriots" is a bunch of fat dudes.
Thank you for answering my question.

Huh?

Thats not what I said at all. You called them that. Your only question was whether you had to be fat to join. I neither confirmed nor denied anything.

What are you talking about?
Quote Reply
Re: Why is all these "patriots" a bunch of fat dudes?? [geetee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
geetee wrote:
Halvard wrote:

Zombieland Rule #1: Cardio

Lol. And how can you afford to keep up with rule #2 without sufficient ammo/guns?
Quote Reply
Re: Why is all these "patriots" a bunch of fat dudes?? [tri_kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri_kid wrote:
I'm not sure if you are talking about Trump supporters or Proud Boys or whatever, but I was watching something on Youtube that explained that your typical Trump supporter is a reject that wants a way to prove that they have some worth in life. By attaching themselves to something they see as a worthy cause, it makes them feel good about themselves. So I suppose rejects tend to have low self-esteem, low intelligence and perhaps no self-discipline to stay in shape or lose weight. They're basically those kids in school that would follow the cool kid around all day and laugh at his jokes or whatever.

Sorry, but that is just bullshit projection. While I don't agree with them, I have several friends who are very successful and happy, and support Trump. Neither one of them are the type to follow "the cool kids" or anyone else around, and would probably be considered alpha-males more than anything else. One is worth about 15-20 million and would not be considered a reject by anyone. The other has owned multiple businesses, was a captain on large seagoing vessels and now runs a business making pretty good money. Not the kind that is a reject or a follower.

I think that you are falling for confirmation bias.
Quote Reply
Re: Why is all these "patriots" a bunch of fat dudes?? [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
tri_kid wrote:
I'm not sure if you are talking about Trump supporters or Proud Boys or whatever, but I was watching something on Youtube that explained that your typical Trump supporter is a reject that wants a way to prove that they have some worth in life. By attaching themselves to something they see as a worthy cause, it makes them feel good about themselves. So I suppose rejects tend to have low self-esteem, low intelligence and perhaps no self-discipline to stay in shape or lose weight. They're basically those kids in school that would follow the cool kid around all day and laugh at his jokes or whatever.

Sorry, but that is just bullshit projection. While I don't agree with them, I have several friends who are very successful and happy, and support Trump. Neither one of them are the type to follow "the cool kids" or anyone else around, and would probably be considered alpha-males more than anything else. One is worth about 15-20 million and would not be considered a reject by anyone. The other has owned multiple businesses, was a captain on large seagoing vessels and now runs a business making pretty good money. Not the kind that is a reject or a follower.

The OP was "Why is all these "patriots" a bunch of fat dudes??" and my response wasn't meant to label ALL Trump supporters as such, but a wide proportion of them. I was just repeating what I heard on Youtube/Tv the other day. Perhaps if I had 15-20 million or even a few hundred thousand I'd support Trump too if I thought I'd be financially better off with him in the White House. Honestly, if it weren't for the pandemic, I'd probably vote for Trump over Biden because Trump seems to want to avoid keeping the US out of a foreign war. I could totally see Biden getting into trouble somewhere. He did vote for the Iraq War. However, I'm a Canadian so I can't vote anyways. Just giving my 2 cents.
Quote Reply
Re: Why is all these "patriots" a bunch of fat dudes?? [tri_kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri_kid wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:
tri_kid wrote:

The OP was "Why is all these "patriots" a bunch of fat dudes??" and my response wasn't meant to label ALL Trump supporters as such, but a wide proportion of them. I was just repeating what I heard on Youtube/Tv the other day. Perhaps if I had 15-20 million or even a few hundred thousand I'd support Trump too if I thought I'd be financially better off with him in the White House. Honestly, if it weren't for the pandemic, I'd probably vote for Trump over Biden because Trump seems to want to avoid keeping the US out of a foreign war. I could totally see Biden getting into trouble somewhere. He did vote for the Iraq War. However, I'm a Canadian so I can't vote anyways. Just giving my 2 cents.

You may not have meant to, but your words said something different. Your recent post has more projection. I'm pretty sure that they support him for much more than their bank statements.
Quote Reply
Re: Why is all these "patriots" a bunch of fat dudes?? [SDG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SDG wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
SDG wrote:

When I got into diving I was expecting it to be a community of fit, adventurous, fairly risk seeking folks. I found it to be a a bunch of lumpy, dumpy old folks. Not that it affects my enjoyment or love for the sport. Just not the crowd I figured it would be.

I think you are right on cost. Can't fly off to Bahamas, Cozumel, Maldives a few times a year in your 20s or 30s.

Living near Lake Ontario/St. Lawrence River we had great wreck diving. Water was cold and vis was often not the greatest but in my younger days that wasn't an issue. But if you can learn to dive in those kind of conditions then you can dive comfortably anywhere. We even had our own boat set up for diving years back. At one time we would dive four days a week in season. Nowadays we're just warm water weenies diving in tropical areas a couple times a year.
Quote Reply
Re: Why is all these "patriots" a bunch of fat dudes?? [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
tri_kid wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:
tri_kid wrote:

You may not have meant to, but your words said something different. Your recent post has more projection. I'm pretty sure that they support him for much more than their bank statements.
I'm sure they do too. I can also understand the frustration and hatred they have for the "establishment". That is why I would have voted for Trump in 2016. Biden doesn't come across as patronizing as Hillary did. But I also think there is a difference between the gun toting fat patriot supporters that wear the MAGA hats that support Trump to the grave, go to the rallies etc and those that just prefer Trump over Biden.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wife and I were just talking about a nephew and his following trump for similar reasons, not feeling a part of something, needing to belong. Joked that we wished he would find a girl to straighten him out. Amazing what changes a guy will make if it means he gets lucky.
Quote Reply

Prev Next