Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2021 Panama 70.3
Quote | Reply
I was registered this year and the event was canceled back on May 19th. The email stated "We are working diligently on all potential options and further event updates will be communicated as soon as possible."

It's been radio silence ever since. I've had five other races deferred to next year and each race communicated options pretty quickly. I think the Panama race is a licensed race and not a IM owned race but we are going on almost five months here. Anyone know anything?

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: 2021 Panama 70.3 [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bueller?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the RD from Panama 70.3, used to be Arturo, the same one from Puerto Rico 70.3
That's all that I know about it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I sent another message demanding a refund. I will dispute the credit card charge if I don’t get my my refund in the next two weeks. Assuming it’s the same weekend next year a deferral doesn’t work since I’m already registered for Ironman Mont-Tremblant which would be the same day. I can’t wait six months for them to decide what to fucking do about the race.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The new date for 2021 was announced: September 12th.

Which is awesome except I have a date conflict. I have to be in Minnesota that same weekend for a family vacation. Not just me, wife, and kid kind of vacation. This is mom, dad, brother, sister, aunts, cousins kind of vacation that has been planned for sometime.

Although 70.3 transfers aren't allowed per WTC policy, Ironman has been somewhat flexible with that policy during COVID times for WTC owned races in the US/Canada. Not sure about licensed races in Panama. They need to be flexible with this shit as I signed up to race this race in August 2020, not September 2021.

Last edited by: The GMAN: Oct 23, 20 13:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
I sent another message demanding a refund. I will dispute the credit card charge if I don’t get my my refund in the next two weeks. Assuming it’s the same weekend next year a deferral doesn’t work since I’m already registered for Ironman Mont-Tremblant which would be the same day. I can’t wait six months for them to decide what to fucking do about the race.

I doubt you would be able to dispute it with your credit card as the purchase was so long ago. The time limit is around 3 months from memory. Even if you did make a claim, it would get rejected as you would have signed a waiver, saying you are not entitled to a refund. If you are still not getting any response, might be best to contact IM directly. Though they are not that great at replying either

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
The new date for 2021 was announced: September 12th.

Which is awesome except I have a date conflict. I have to be in Minnesota that same weekend for a family vacation. Not just me, wife, and kid kind of vacation. This is mom, dad, brother, sister, aunts, cousins kind of vacation that has been planned for sometime.

Although 70.3 transfers aren't allowed per WTC policy, Ironman has been somewhat flexible with that policy during COVID times for WTC owned races in the US/Canada. Not sure about licensed races in Panama. They need to be flexible with this shit as I signed up to race this race in August 2020, not September 2021.

Race has now been moved to February 6, 2022. Which solves my problem.

Quote Reply