Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Biking Grand Canyon Rim to Rim
Quote | Reply
I've ran from the top of the south rim to the river and back on the bright angel trail. I've driven on a small section of the Grand Canyon. Does anyone know or has anyone biked on the road, that car uses, from the south rim to the north rim? I think it's something like 200+ miles.

If you've done it, can you provide any scouting report?

Quote | Reply
Sounds miserable. I took the shuttle around last year from the south to north rim. Don't think I saw a single cyclist out there.

If you want to do a double century in the middle of the desert, go for it. But it's basically just all rural highway with minimal views and like 2 gas stations the entire way. Lots of abject poverty and run down areas that you pass through too
Quote Reply
Re: Biking Grand Canyon Rim to Rim [zoom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just do R2R2R....

You will have more fun and it will take just as long, or maybe bike from N to S then hike back?

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: Biking Grand Canyon Rim to Rim [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's actually what I was thinking of doing. Bike S to N one day, rest one day, and run one of the trails back. I was just trying to see if anyone has actually biked it and if it's feasible or whether car traffic is too fast/dangerous for that. The 10-ish miles that I drove on the south rim side seem to be very bikeable with respectable drivers. Weren't sure if the other 200 miles were like that :)

Sbernardi wrote:
Just do R2R2R....
You will have more fun and it will take just as long, or maybe bike from N to S then hike back?

Quote | Reply
Well if you end up doing it LMK how it goes.... I may have to tackle that as well

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply