Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Didn't see this posted yet; a wind tunnel for sale
Quote | Reply
Didn't even know that this was in Minnesota. Had I known, I would have driven over and got tested.

Someone in the midwest should buy this. I'll come by and pay to use it

https://www.ebay.com/itm/382854796511
Quote Reply
Re: Didn't see this posted yet; a wind tunnel for sale [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Didn't see this posted yet; a wind tunnel for sale [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I looked into buying Faster’s tunnel and shipping it to the East Coast. Even if the price was $0 I would have been better off building a tunnel from scratch.
Quote Reply
Re: Didn't see this posted yet; a wind tunnel for sale [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
I looked into buying Faster’s tunnel and shipping it to the East Coast. Even if the price was $0 I would have been better off building a tunnel from scratch.

yea but at least this is a REAL wind tunnel not a piece of junk like Faster.
Quote Reply
Re: Didn't see this posted yet; a wind tunnel for sale [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:

This isn’t surprising, but curious how you came to that conclusion?

I’d think it’s pretty tough to monetize a wind tunnel in general. And if you’re starting from scratch without experience, tougher still.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: Didn't see this posted yet; a wind tunnel for sale [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericlambi wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:

This isn’t surprising, but curious how you came to that conclusion?

I’d think it’s pretty tough to monetize a wind tunnel in general. And if you’re starting from scratch without experience, tougher still.

Faster's tunnel was notorious for not being reproduceable, for not controlling for head position, for wall drag bc of how narrow it was, for not allowing air to reform off the back of whatever was being tested for bc of how short the tunnel was.

I've done a lot of consults with athletes who tested there. For example I consulted w/ a few athletes on some helmet only testing. Baseline head was in position X. Run 2 new helmet head position was held 2 inches lower. Run 3 new helmet head position staring at a stem. Run 4 new helmet head position looking at the sky. \_O_/

That was pretty common. There's a certain bike company that did all their R&D there then I did some testing at A2 for them. Completely different results which was probably due to wall drag and airflow not reforming behind the bike or bike + rider at that tunnel.

It was a lot less $$$ to test there then LSWT (a whole lot of $$$$$$$). For every hour at LSWT you could do 2 with us at A2 and ~3 maybe even a bit more at Faster.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Didn't see this posted yet; a wind tunnel for sale [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes and no. There's a reason it's been on ebay for so long.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply