Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Upgrading home gym equipment
Quote | Reply
Hi ST,

Two main questions regarding home gym upgrade:

Cycling: I ride on a Wahoo Kickr and was thinking of adding either a Kickr Climb or a rocker plate to enjoy indoor riding even more. Which one would you pick and why? Regarding plates, I found this one but have no idea how good it compares to others - anyone tried it?

Running: I am seriously considering a treadmill. I already posted about treadmill brands back in April during lockdown, but I would now need to get input on noise. I will be based in a flat with neighbors beneath and around me. While I can run during hours when most people are away, I would still prefer being as discrete as can be. So my question breaks in two: i) Are there treadmills that are less noisy than others (and by noisy, I don't necessarily mean the motor which will of course get louder with lower pricetags, but are there treadmills with less vibrations)? And ii) what do you use to minimize the noise/vibrations if you use one in a condo? I am looking for a deal on a second-hand Woodway, but most likely I'll end up with a Nordictrack or something similar around that $2-3k zone.

Thanks a lot!

Instagram
Youtube Channel
Meta Endurance

Quote Reply
Re: Upgrading home gym equipment [captainolek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My Landice is very quiet, compared to the big box treadmills I used before. It's also a bit less than a Woodway and seems to be easier to find used.

Woodway seems to go for $2-4k used in my market, Landice seems to go for anywhere from $500-1500 or so, used.

If you haven't settled on a brand, I'd definitely give them a look.
Quote Reply
Re: Upgrading home gym equipment [captainolek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bought them climb, used it a dozen times. Sold the climb. It seemed pretty gimmicky and a really gritty up/down experience. Definitely nowhere close to riding outdoors. I'm personally waiting for the next gen of KICKR Bike
Quote Reply