Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Quality USA Made Cycling Kits [insulinpower] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's their own factory shared by the two brands.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Borah or podiumwear (out if Minnesota). Have a cycling jersey and bibs from podiumwear and love it! Not sure if they make "tri" kits...but worth a look!
Quote Reply
Re: Quality USA Made Cycling Kits [sharkd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Borah for sure makes tri kits. All made right in their facility in Wisconsin. All local employees. Custom designs.

24 Hour World TT Champs-American record holder
Fat Bike Worlds - Race Director
Insta: chris.s.apex
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
insulinpower wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:
Eliel and Wattie Ink are made in the same factory in San Diego. The cuts are the exact same. I have like 8 Wattie cycling kits now, and I like them a lot. Disclaimer, I'm on the Wattie Ink Hit Squad...but given the price of them even with a discount, if they were shit I wouldn't buy them.

Would you happen to know the name of that factory/company? I'm launching a new brand in the category and am looking for a proven US supplier who works with small companies (need production prices, not wholesale or pro deal, so can't deal with any of the brands listed here).

Don't know if the pricing structure is cost effective for your plans but they also do full custom kit runs by request

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Re: Quality USA Made Cycling Kits [ClarkWGriz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doesn't matter... even if the finishing products are made in the US, the material are made somewhere else, likely Asia or Italy.
Quote Reply
Re: Quality USA Made Cycling Kits [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So? How much of the price goes into materials?

Helping employ 1, 3, or 10 Americans is more than 0, and I'm assuming that is why the question was asked
Quote Reply
Re: Quality USA Made Cycling Kits [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
jhammond wrote:
imswimmer328 wrote:
I really like Voler's stuff.

I'd like to second Voler. Their kit is reasonably priced, comfortable and lasts a long time

A lot of the jerseys I've picked up in the thrift store are Voler. Some are up to 10 years old

"Why would you wear a jersey from a team you weren't on or a tour/ride you didn't do?"

Because they're only a dollar or two, and I don't give a shit?

Exactly. I bought a ton of pro kit stuff from Team Navigators when they were dumping previous year's stuff at Velo Swap. Gloves, insulated vests, winter bibs, summer bibs, gloves, ss jerseys, ls jerseys, winter riding jackets, autumn thermal ls jerseys, it was awesome. You could even buy a bike they used that year a few times, or brand new ones. It was all Biemme, really nice stuff. I think they've been *DONE* for quite a few years & had some people recently say, I love your "retro" kit! Hey, it was cheap and I just wanted good stuff so jumped when I had the chance. It's like if any company that had GOOD quality stuff and a decent sale, I'd buy it and stock up. I never buy full retail price. Most cycling stuff is overpriced (especially bib shorts)...
I did have a guy I rode with a few months back that was actually ON Team Navigators as a pro--so it caught his attention quickly.
Quote Reply
Re: Quality USA Made Cycling Kits [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, supporting domestic production is part of the reason , but patriotism doesn’t play into it. How many “patriots” are shopping Walmart and Amazon?

. The other reason is that I’ve done the offshore sourcing thing with other apparel lines I’ve launched in the past and don’t want to revisit that experience. Language issues, middlemen, little quality control, disruption from time lags and receiving unusable garbage. Had one large shipment ruined because it was shipped in a container that had been used to transport fish. Try negotiating make-goods when you don’t speak Mandarin or Vietnamese...

If you’re established enough to have worked through the supply chain kinks, or are large enough to employ a staff and meet the big minimum order numbers required to deal with professional, turnkey vendors then it’s a different situation. For a start-up brand domestic makes more sense.
Last edited by: insulinpower: Sep 18, 20 12:46
Quote Reply

Prev Next