Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Bike Trailer for kids [secondchancepro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finally following up here, as the decision has been made. Following a little more learning on my part, and some more diligent and deep-reaching analysis, I’ve decided on *the* stroller for me: the Thule Chariot 2 Cross. Perhaps the Max, still trying to determine whether we need that extra storage.

The thing I suppose I learned is that no jogging stroller is really good for car seats - that’s why they sell infant slings. I won’t be running with the little troublemakers for several weeks, so that will be fine. In short, they won’t need car seats at all in this stroller. We have a “general use” stroller that will be where we get most of our car seat usage (other than the car, of course).

The Cross is a particular sub model of the Chariot, which meets my particular needs. The venting has (reportedly) been improved in the latest update, due in part to the concerns of overheating - especially when using the rain fly. This is helpful, and all indications (read: all the mommy blogs) say it’s a big improvement.

The critical feature that makes the Cross worthwhile for me is the dual reclining seat backs. The intent is for me to use this training, but also for mom to use this to cart the girls around at races. If one wants to nap while the other wants to sit up, we want them to be able to do that without subjecting mom to a fit of crying because one couldn’t get their way. The other features of the Cross mirror the other options in the Chariot lineup, with the Max purportedly offering more storage space (some complaints are circulating on the mommy blogs that 8.8 lbs of storage isn’t enough).

Also, happy to report that our gorgeous gals decided to be early to the party, arriving yesterday a couple weeks early. Everyone is happy and healthy, being monitored carefully to make sure progress continues. Now if only the hospital would let me drag my bike and trainer into the recovery room so I could get a spin in... ;)

Brenden Macy
Sports & Entertainment Attorney
I am Drive. I am Grit. I am Determination.
Last edited by: brmacy: May 11, 21 16:27
Quote Reply

Prev Next