Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ineos vs Jumbo at Dauphine starts 12 August [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.telegraaf.nl/...blijvers-in-dauphine

Terrible hail today: look at what it did to the guy on the left. The guy on the right is Toni Martin who got an inflatable boat to protect himself. It seems that it did not help him missing the time limit.
Quote Reply
Re: Ineos vs Jumbo at Dauphine starts 12 August [longtrousers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Froome hanging off the back on the climb up Madeleine today:

Last edited by: devashish_paul: Aug 14, 20 6:35
Quote Reply
Re: Ineos vs Jumbo at Dauphine starts 12 August [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
14 months since Froome's crash, looks like his form is off but both Jumbo and Ineos are coming with completely stacked squads warming up for the Tour de France in 3 weeks.

This might be the most exciting action in endurance sport this year (because we've had not much) :-(

Cyclingnews has a good article on 10 riders to watch:

https://www.cyclingnews.com/...iterium-du-dauphine/

I like this picture....what about Quintana

Question answered!! TJV looked amazing!! Sepp and Primoz rocked the last few K's. Froome has got some work to do for sure. Has me wondering if he'll even be on the TDF squad.
Lets see what the next few days bring.
Quote Reply
Re: Ineos vs Jumbo at Dauphine starts 12 August [s.gentz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what a nice ride by formolo today. i really enjoyed watching the last climb, seeing if he could stay away. good stuff.

roglic looks really, really good. so does TJV as a whole. Can't wait to keep watching the dauphine stages
Quote Reply
Re: Ineos vs Jumbo at Dauphine starts 12 August [s.gentz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well with Froome in 60th place in the Dauphine, he can be a mid pack domestique. I can't see how he magically gains enough fitness in 2.5 weeks to be a team leader of any kind. The first week of the TdF out of Nice is full gas in the mountains. Seems like he can go to the TdF for training for the Giro while being TdF waterboy.

Awesome race by Formolo....and Jumbo, hopefully they are not peaking early. Dumoulin dropped in the final few km and Thomas quite a ways out. Nice to see Quintana hang till the very final few meters when Roglic put the hammer down. I am not sure why Roglic is putting the hammer down now. He needs to put the hammer down in 5 weeks from now. I get that he was trying for time bonuses, but still seems like he is burning some matches that may be needed in 5 weeks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Well with Froome in 60th place in the Dauphine, he can be a mid pack domestique. I can't see how he magically gains enough fitness in 2.5 weeks to be a team leader of any kind. The first week of the TdF out of Nice is full gas in the mountains. Seems like he can go to the TdF for training for the Giro while being TdF waterboy.

I doubt heā€™ll be selected. Even though he could be useful as ā€œthe weakest linkā€ on Ineos, I doubt heā€™ll want to do it, when Thomas won, he was at least a contender. Even if heā€™s riding as per his plan, heā€™ll simply not be ready for. Thomas Will be selected, But he wonā€™t be a contender - he looks heavy. Ineos wants to win the tour with Bernal and in my eyes heā€™s the favourite - i Think roglic Will peak too early, so surely thereā€™s no room for someone focussing on another race, the tour is not a race where you prepare for somthing else. Froome May be ready for the Vuelta, But I doubt weā€™ll se him on the podium in a GT ever again. At this point, I donā€™t see him playing a role in the Giro. Maybe next year, But heā€™s too old, not really comparable injuries, But look where wout Van aert is right now compared to Froome. Froome simply isnā€™t recovering fast enough.
Last edited by: brasch: Aug 14, 20 13:24
Quote Reply
Re: Ineos vs Jumbo at Dauphine starts 12 August [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't ever want to miss an opportunity to post this pic of me fitting Davide Formolo back when he was on Slipstream. I could try and couch this is some term of reference that's relevant to the thread - like saying "he didn't blink or gasp as much during the fit as he did in that last 5k today" but that would be disingenuous.[/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2jwot8s]Cannondale_Fit_Formolo[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/184351070@N02/]Ian Murray[/url], on Flickr[/img]

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Ineos vs Jumbo at Dauphine starts 12 August [brasch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder how much of a beating Chris' organs all took during his recovery process from a near life threatening thing. We all look at orthopedic injuries as if that's what's the limiter, but on the bike with the super low forces involved, its almost never muscular skeletal, and certainly in stage races its mainly about the person with the best cardio vascular system who can rebuild their body all day during today's stage and after today's stage for tomorrow's stage. Froome's organs may just not be able to do it yet (or again).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
I can't see how he magically gains enough fitness in 2.5 weeks to be a team leader of any kind.

Heh heh
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:

Thatā€™s what Jiffy bags and inhalers are for...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, this thread is over. Bernal abandon. Back injury.
Quote Reply
Re: Ineos vs Jumbo at Dauphine starts 12 August [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:

WTF....he sounded fine in his interview last night on Flobikes (just saying that Jumbo was the strongest).
Quote Reply
Re: Ineos vs Jumbo at Dauphine starts 12 August [FFigawi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
haha....well the Blue train also had moto man!!!

All joking aside, this Daphine is really interesting, in the sense with form all over the map, but maybe Ineos will not need to make their make their marginal gains. With Kreuswijk out from a crash and Roglic totally banged up now, maybe Bernal's forced taper from this back tightness puts Ineos back on top for the TdF.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:

So one moment we feel its over then we have Bernal tapering for TdF while Jumbo bangs themselves up and Thomas will go on the cabbage and water diet and magically show up 5 kilos lighter to the TdF
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
haha....well the Blue train also had moto man!!!

All joking aside, this Daphine is really interesting, in the sense with form all over the map, but maybe Ineos will not need to make their make their marginal gains. With Kreuswijk out from a crash and Roglic totally banged up now, maybe Bernal's forced taper from this back tightness puts Ineos back on top for the TdF.
Sounds like Pinot had a fall today too. Maybe Bernal knew something about today's stage?

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: Ineos vs Jumbo at Dauphine starts 12 August [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What a day of carnage. Pinot, Roglic both crashed but finished, Bernal does not start and Kriusjwijk crashed out. Thomas 16 minutes off the back and Froome 27.

Eight riders in a 35 second time band with the top two banged up

1ROGLIČ PrimožTeam Jumbo-Visma17:45:322PINOT ThibautGroupama - FDJ0:143MARTIN GuillaumeCofidis, Solutions CrĆ©dits0:244LANDA MikelBahrain - McLaren0:265MARTƍNEZ Daniel FelipeEF Pro Cycling0:266LƓPEZ Miguel ƁngelAstana Pro Team0:327QUINTANA NairoTeam ArkĆ©a Samsic0:358PORTE RichieTrek - Segafredo0:35
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Aug 15, 20 12:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is Stephen Kruijswijk (thank heavens thats in my dictionary) out of the tour? Not knowing anything myself about dislocated shoulders and their effect on a cyclist (id assume there was one).

Dan Mayberry
Amateur a lot of things, professional a few things.
Quote Reply
Re: Ineos vs Jumbo at Dauphine starts 12 August [drm437] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
His team manager was still hoping he can be ready for the TdF in a post race interview today. Let's see.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Roglic DNS this morning at Dauphine. Needs to recovery for TdF and too banged up from yesterday's crash.

Pinot is now race leader starting today's stage, with 7 others within 20 seconds of each other.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The win may not come from yesterday's top 7. The breakaway is way up the road. Martinez virtual leader with 2 min up on Bardet and Dumoulin in 2nd and 3rd. Sepp Kuss should try to slow this breakaway down to allow Tom D back further to close the gap.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After 400+ days off no racing Dumoulin is coming back strong. He's with Pinot....Pinot needs to close around 30 seconds on the final climb today to take the Dauphine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well that was a another wild ride at the 2020 Tour de poo-show. A lot of guys who were 3rd or 4th of the team depth chart ended up leading after 5 days of racing.

Gutsy race from Martinez. This might be his first win as a ProTour rider, but I can't imagine even his mom putting a $1 bet on him to win, place, or show. The bookies made out like bandits on this race.

They give George Bennett the week off and he takes a win and second place. Kuss tows Roglic around all week and still crushes everyone on the last day. Tom D coming back from the wilderness. The depth at Jumbo is crazy while Ineos looks like they could be schooled by a Conti Pro team.. G. Martin looks like he is going to fold on the last day and hangs on for 3rd.

The Tour is looking like it will be crazy. Just imagine 4 times as many stages and everyone TRYING to bring their A-game.
Quote Reply
Re: Ineos vs Jumbo at Dauphine starts 12 August [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
The Tour is looking like it will be crazy. Just imagine 4 times as many stages and everyone TRYING to bring their A-game.

The green jersey competition might be interesting for the first time in a long time. WvA might not get any leash if J-V is in the GC hunt, but I think he'd easily take Sagan right now if he was taken off the chain.
Quote Reply
Re: Ineos vs Jumbo at Dauphine starts 12 August [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the person everyone needs to be worried about is Tom D...after 400+ days of no racing he just kept getting stronger every day. 2.5 weeks from now in the mountains outside Nice, we should have a good view of how well he is rolling and how good Roglic can recover.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
grumpier.mike wrote:

The green jersey competition might be interesting for the first time in a long time. WvA might not get any leash if J-V is in the GC hunt, but I think he'd easily take Sagan right now if he was taken off the chain.

Also with no Dylan G on the Jumbo Visma team, WvA does not have that additional baggage in terms of chasing stage wins in the sprints....but hopefully Jumbo Visma utilized WvA for GC protection, not doing the Zabel + Ullrich "get both green and yellow" strategy.

On the original topic, Bernal "hurt", Thomas and Froome not on form yet, and Sivakov crashed today. That's a different team going into this TdF than previous years.
Quote Reply

Prev Next