Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Enve SES Aero Road Bar vs Specialized Aerofly II
Quote | Reply
Thoughts, opinions, experiences?
Quote Reply
Re: Enve SES Aero Road Bar vs Specialized Aerofly II [Slowerthanyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Neither, Pro Vibe aero is best except on a venge designed for the aerofly
Quote Reply
Re: Enve SES Aero Road Bar vs Specialized Aerofly II [Slowerthanyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowerthanyou wrote:

Having had both on my Venge, I prefer the SES Aero because it's so much narrower (35cm at the hoods vs. 38 for the Aerofly II). The minor loss of integration (literally 2cm of exposed cable) is so insignificant it isn't even something I considered trying to address.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowerthanyou wrote:

I've never used the Aerofly, but I use the SES Aero on my track and road bikes. I really like how the hoods position (or "hoods" in track) is narrow. Super aero. While if you want a stable sprinting position, the the drops flare out.

Cable routing was no problem for me. Granted it was just brake cables (ETAP).
Quote Reply
Re: Enve SES Aero Road Bar vs Specialized Aerofly II [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got the Enve on my 2014 Venge, which is due to get replaced sometime soon. Trying to decide if I want to keep the bar. Love several things about the bar, but it *feels* like I'm giving up a little bit of leverage during high-torque climbing on the hoods; ie short steep hills or responding to an attack on a climb.

I do have the clip-ons, and as far as I can tell it's the only aero road bar with that option?

I no longer live anywhere near a track, and at the rate they're tearing them down there may not be any left, but I would definitely stick one on my track bike if I ever get back to a velodrome. I liked the idea of the 3T Madison bar, but the reach was just crazy long. Looks like that's been discontinued though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recently built my first road bike and had both of these bars on my list. Same weight but the S-works was cheaper and has a nice step for the bar tape so it doesn't bulge where it ends. I'm happy with how it looks using a standard stem. Since these pictures, I've added the cable guides/covers and those cleaned it up even more.

Id also put the Vibe on the list if you are a weigtweenie because it seems to be the lightest aerobar, around 20g less than these two. I dig the appearance of the EC90, as well.

Quote Reply
Re: Enve SES Aero Road Bar vs Specialized Aerofly II [ecce-homo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ecce-homo wrote:
Neither, Pro Vibe aero is best except on a venge designed for the aerofly

The Pro Vibe Aero is meh. I have the super light version on my bike at the moment and I’m waiting to upgrade to the Enve. With the Vibe, the drops don’t have any sweet to them and with the shape you smash your forearms when trying to sprint. That is my biggest beef with them. Other minor complaint would be that I wished they had a decreased ramp angle. It’s a bit much for my choosing. Honestly a blend between the Zipp SL-70 and Enve SES would be my go to.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've ridden the 3t Aeronova for a lot of years now and love the shape it gives a few extra hand positions above the hoods.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The new Aeroflux is also a good looking option. Looks slick, you can route the cables through the stem, as light as SES/Aerofly, it has 7 deg flare, and reach is a bit longer (nice if you otherwise need a 110+ mm stem).
Quote Reply
Re: Enve SES Aero Road Bar vs Specialized Aerofly II [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Update:

Sold the Venge, kept the SES bar and swapped it onto my new SL7. Routing was a PITA and a multiple beer project, and made me question my choice to save $$$ by going with the Expert, but ultimately worth it.

In love and in lust with the bike. Bar works and looks great on the new bike.
Quote Reply