Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any way to protect exposed shifter cables as they pass under BB?
Quote | Reply
Are tha any ways to protect exposed shifter cables as they pass through the plastic guide. under the BB? I have a bike with external cable routing, and the cables get corroded after a season down near the BB, was hoping to slow any corrosion even though I do know how to change the cables myself.
Quote Reply
Re: Any way to protect exposed shifter cables as they pass under BB? [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stainless cables.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Any way to protect exposed shifter cables as they pass under BB? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Stainless cables.

^^^^^This.

Just spend the few extra $$$ for stainless vs galvanized/zinc.

Also, get 3000mm cables (beats finding out the 2100mm one you bought is just a bit too short).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Any way to protect exposed shifter cables as they pass under BB? [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used to use the liner (specifically some of the inner liner for like i-links / nokons / etc) in the manner you're talking about. Did a fairly good job too.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Any way to protect exposed shifter cables as they pass under BB? [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Morelock wrote:
I used to use the liner (specifically some of the inner liner for like i-links / nokons / etc) in the manner you're talking about. Did a fairly good job too.

WHS ^^^^^ : Jagwire lube liner.
Quote Reply
Re: Any way to protect exposed shifter cables as they pass under BB? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What if 2100mm is plenty long?
Quote Reply