Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

di2 troubleshooting - help needed
Quote | Reply
Hello

With my LBS having no slots for 2 weeks i wondered if i could ask for some wisdom from the slowtwitch forum.

My di2 gears have stopped shifting, I've charged the battery and checked the battery level and the light goes green but when i click the shifters on either left or right hand side no noise comes from the deraiullers.

I've tried pulling out the cable on front and rear deraurellier and junction box under handle bars to check if it's a connection problem but that hasn't solved it.

I rode on saturday and sunday but had broken my bike down after the ride sunday to travel in my car so this may have caused the problem. In the past ive sometimes had a few minutes on a ride where it doesnt shift so again that leads me to lose connections but unsure where else to check.

Thanks in advanced...hoping to not have to ride fixie home from work again today
Quote Reply
Re: di2 troubleshooting - help needed [matttomlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you tried running the diagnostics using the charging cable and a pc running the free Shimano e tube software? That will likely help. Sounds like a connection issue potentially....
Quote Reply
Re: di2 troubleshooting - help needed [Amnesia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, thanks for the reply.

I have the old style di2 with the docked battery for charging, is it possible for me to do it with these? Where would the cable attach and what cable?

I havent tried it but will definintely give it a go
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It won’t work, you need the sm-pce02 to diagnose your system
Have you tried crash mode reset?
Quote Reply
Re: di2 troubleshooting - help needed [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, yes I tried the crash mode.

Hold the button for 5 seconds until it flashed and then pedal the wheel when it was on a stand - nothing happened.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So... that would suggest that the connection between the battery and the Junction A is intact - otherwise it wouldn't show any lights at all.

If you press and hold any shift lever button for ~0.5 sec (or more, whatever works), does the LED indicate the battery charge level?
(see this page for example)

If the above displays the battery charge on your junction and If the crash mode doesn't do anything then I would suspect the RD / FD to be disconnected somehow. This could be either at the Junction B or at the components themselves. But it could be anything..

Are there Di2 wires underneath the bottom bracket too? About four of them? Are they all connected properly?
(they should really snap into place and not pull out easily)

BetterShifting.com - Di2 help and guides| BetterShifting Instagram | Terry's Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you confirm which version of di2 you have? Is it version 1 dura ace 10 speed or the E-tube version, if it’s E-tube your probably looking at the 4 port junction that’s usually tucked in bottom bracket area
Quote Reply