Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hip Arthritis
Quote | Reply
I have just returned from the Orthopod with a diagnosis of pain flare of hip arthritis. I had to stop running last month when it started hurting like hell and finally went to see someone when 1 month off of running didn't cure the problem. The Xray isn't so bad and I don't need a new hip (for now). He even said I could run when I wanted. In full disclosure I'm a physician so I know how to treat the pain, but almost none of my folks want to run marathons. I know that all medications have side effects so I'd love to avoid chronic meds. I'm curious to what my slowtwitch brethren have done. ( I'm always up to try a new shoe). I thought about posting this on LetsRun, but we are much more sane.

Brian
“Eat and Drink, spin the legs and you’re going to effin push (today).” A Howe
Quote Reply
Re: Hip Arthritis [TriBri00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dealt with hip arthritis for 7 years until I had resurfacing last November. I first lost range of motion and had groin pain. Thought it was a pulled groin but it never got better. I continued running the entire time, even the day before surgery. It was not pretty and I walked with a limp for about 3 years. I never had serious pain and never had trouble sleeping - but I always knew it was there because of ROM issues and sore groin. I did not have any cortisone shots or anything string than ibuprofen. Tried Hokas - not sure they had any positive or negative effect. PM me if you want more detail.

Andrew Inkpen
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like Runsmart online to work on muscle imbalances which leads to all sorts of maladies from hip, back, knee, & ankle pain. They want you to subscribe of course, but rather inexpensive. There are all quick youtube teasers, but this guy knows his stuff. Unfortunately lots of muscle strengthening drills which are not that fun but translate to more running fun down the line.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My normal daily reply to these posts: Many many minutes a day of Wall Sits and the Reverse Hyper Machine.

Gall
Quote Reply