Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shimano ST-R7000 problems
Quote | Reply
New R7000 group being installed on my bike. A nice new refresh of my beloved CAAD10. Im having some issues with the rear shifter. Mount it onto the bar and it clicks through its positions. Put a cable in and then it doesn’t do anything. I pull on the cable and it doesn’t do anything. I route it through the derailleur and it doesn’t do anything.

Anyone have ideas?
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano ST-R7000 problems [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you pull back the hood can you see the barrel that the cable attaches to rotating when you shift it up and down?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you still have the hood covers pulled up so you can wrap the bars? I have found this interferes with the shifter operation. Pull the hood covers down and try, you may need to do this and then pull them back up to wrap bars.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TT shifter or road bike brake/shifter? It it's the TT shifter than chances are your cable is too long and when you shift the head of the cable sticks out. Before running it through the derailleur grab some pliers and pull on it (where it comes out of the frame by your derailleur) really tight and try to shift while you're pulling on it, you should feel the cable move. If not, you may not have run the wiring correctly.
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano ST-R7000 problems [Benv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ST-R7000 is a road shift/brake lever.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You fed the cable wrong.
Remove it.
Click all the way through to top gear.
Thread the cable, it will now work.
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano ST-R7000 problems [lyrrad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lyrrad wrote:
You fed the cable wrong.
Remove it.
Click all the way through to top gear.
Thread the cable, it will now work.

That's the direction I was heading too. I just wanted to know if the shifter was actually working first.
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano ST-R7000 problems [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure I did that. I think it can only thread through in one way. Not sure what I did differently, but I have gotten it to go through the gears now.
Quote Reply