Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Oakley Prescription Cycling Frames
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have feedback on getting a distance RX put into an Oakley cycling frame .
Are the inserts built into the lens still available as I do not see any details on their website.
I have reviewed Sportrx but the frame styles are limited .
Quote Reply
Re: Oakley Prescription Cycling Frames [sward] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I have been using Oakley Rx lenses during races. They are not inserts, the lenses themselves are Rx. Would highly recommend them. I got them from SportRx, then eventually ordered the aviators from Roka. I use the Prizm lenses for road cycling.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of Oakley Flak prescription glasses. They are fantastic-- most of their styles do not use inserts. The primary lens is manufactured to be prescription. I got them from my local Lens Crafters, but they just relay the order directly to Oakley. You can also order directly from Oakley.
Quote Reply
Re: Oakley Prescription Cycling Frames [harshc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What frame style is that in the images ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of Oakley V-squared frames with prescription lenses. I went with official Oakley Rx lenses (expensive, but great quality) in standard gray (IME the iridium coatings scratch/flake over time). Ordered them online from an authorized Oakley dealer. I've had these for years and the frames are all dinged up, but the lenses are still pristine.

Almost any Oakley frame with individual R and L lenses can take prescription lenses (the more wrap-around the frame the more mild the prescription limit).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oakley Valve here with Oakley Rx lenses (photochromic clear -> grey). Love em. Though the lack of bends in the ear stem does mean they can tend to slide down my nose, esp. when sweating, or on the aero bars.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been riding with Rx lenses in Oakleys for... I don't even know how long, probably 8 or 9 years. I have had 3 sets of lenses made through SportRx.com and all have been great. I have two pairs of Jawbones/Racing Jackets, one for dark/sun lenses and one for clear. I swapped lenses for a long time but settled on having two sets of frames as a better deal. I eventually found I prefer clear lenses over the yellow tint ones and that pair definitely gets the most mileage.

I have also used contacts and normal sunglasses - great for when you have to go for that mid ride coffee or ride in light/dark conditions. However, I generally find I spend too much time messing with them to work right vs. throw on glasses that just work.
Quote Reply
Re: Oakley Prescription Cycling Frames [JesseN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of Oakley Crosslink frames with Transitions prescription lens, invisible bi focal. They are great, they do exactly what I want and are great for bike riding. My big issue is to have glasses that move the air so that they do not cause tearing or fogging, these do exactly that. Typically an optometrist or optician shop will carry Oakley frames.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thats the Half Jacket
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Half Jacket 2.0 with VSP transitions lens from my optometrist, who is an Oakley dealer. I have been using the Jawbreakers with the wraparound Rx lenses direct from Oakley (I livenear their Foothill Ranch HQ). The lenses from Oakley are $$, but awesome. My Rx isn't that bad (-1.2), so I could get by with regular sunglasses but prefer having them for road debris.

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of jaw breakers prescription and flak jackets. The jawbreaker are lenses cut into their lenses. Got laser eye surgery in December so I should sell them now. I would recommend eye surgery
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Flak Jackets with a strong Rx from SportsRx. I think I’m towards the outer limit because I couldn’t get certain Oakley frames given the strength of my Rx. I got the prizm road tint and love them.
Quote Reply