Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

4th July: Change of plans or business (party) as usual
Quote | Reply
Simple question really.

Will the recent uptick in COVID cases nationally result in:
a) change of plans - this years celebrations are going to be quiet, at home, immediate family only.
b) Aint no COVID gonna break my stride - party as usual

Follow up question - irrespective of what you are doing, what do you suspect national poll to show percentage wise between a) and b)?

Follow up question - would anyone bet against that by July 18th there will be another stronger surge of COVID due to people choosing option b.

I know its an important national holiday, but how important?
Quote Reply
Re: 4th July: Change of plans or business (party) as usual [Helliquin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All fireworks are canceled here so basically just a Saturday
Quote Reply
Re: 4th July: Change of plans or business (party) as usual [Helliquin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We always stay home and shoot off our own small display. Just got back from the fireworks stand and added $350 to their coffers.

Our house has a fantastic view of the Snoqualmie valley and we usually sit outside and watch the displays from 3 small towns while shooting off our own. Will be interesting this year to see if we can see individual displays.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fireworks cancelled here as of this morning and as of tomorrow, returning to Phase 2 (from Phase 3) in Nashville/Davidson County.

I may get together with my friends (2) that I've been seeing, but mostly a bike ride and sit in their back yard drinking wine.

I'd say 85% of the people I know will be sheltering. There is always the stupid 15%.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: 4th July: Change of plans or business (party) as usual [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
All fireworks are canceled here so basically just a Saturday

x2.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Helliquin wrote:
Simple question really.

Will the recent uptick in COVID cases nationally result in:
a) change of plans - this years celebrations are going to be quiet, at home, immediate family only.
b) Aint no COVID gonna break my stride - party as usual

Follow up question - irrespective of what you are doing, what do you suspect national poll to show percentage wise between a) and b)?

Follow up question - would anyone bet against that by July 18th there will be another stronger surge of COVID due to people choosing option b.

I know its an important national holiday, but how important?

We usually go to a aaa ball game that has a pretty good fireworks display after the game. Season cancelled for the club so we will just hang at home this year. No biggie.

as for you follow up questions I see an aweful lot of posts on FB about how if you stay locked up and wear a mask on July 4, you dont know the meaning of independence..... i just shake my head when i see those..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Barbeque with family, watch some illegal fireworks going off around the neighborhood, stream "Hamilton" on Disney+. That's what we do every year (except for the "Hamilton" part).
Quote Reply
Re: 4th July: Change of plans or business (party) as usual [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oldandslow wrote:
Barbeque with family, watch some illegal fireworks going off around the neighborhood, stream "Hamilton" on Disney+. That's what we do every year (except for the "Hamilton" part).

Streaming Hamilton tomorrow night as well, looking forward to it. Getting some day-hikes in this weekend.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: 4th July: Change of plans or business (party) as usual [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:
oldandslow wrote:

Streaming Hamilton tomorrow night as well, looking forward to it. Getting some day-hikes in this weekend.

Oh yes - DVR'ing HAMILTON!!!!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All fireworks cancelled here but I hear more and more stories of people running to other states to get their own fireworks.

My guess is the ER is gonna be busy this weekend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Changing plans here. We usually hit up the parade, the water fight at the end of the parade with the fire truck, have lunch out, bbq dinner. Also usually have family in town to hang with and have fun. Staying home and away from everyone this year. Nothing special happening. Probably bbq burgers. Also, parade was cancelled months ago. Going to watch people shoot off illegal fireworks from our back deck.

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It would appear to be Business as usual for most of the people at the lame this weekend. Took the boat out for a little while yesterday afternoon and the two restaurant/bars we cruised past were absolutely packed to the gills. A redux of Memorial weekend.

We will not be doing any of that. Normally we would spend at least one afternoon with my sisters and their families at one of the resort type places, but that place will be a total poop show so not happening. Be a lot of coving out with immediate family on the boat and watching fireworks on the deck.
Quote Reply