Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Covid parties
Quote | Reply
Entry fee to get in. First person confirmed to have the virus after the party wins the jackpot.

Our future is in good hands people.

https://apple.news/AoaL56kizRNS4CpKiRTj_WQ

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Covid parties [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We deserve everything we’re getting.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't doubt that this happened but it looks like a case of 1000 news networks reporting on something 1 city council member said. Until I find out they are real, large and wide spread, I'm not going fret too much about them.
Quote Reply
Re: Covid parties [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
I don't doubt that this happened but it looks like a case of 1000 news networks reporting on something 1 city council member said. Until I find out they are real, large and wide spread, I'm not going fret too much about them.

Exactly, this seems like one of those silly thinly sourced hysteria about "what kids are doing" that always creep up. For example people claiming kids were eating tide pods to get high.
Quote Reply
Re: Covid parties [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
Thom wrote:
....... people claiming kids were eating tide pods to get high.

They weren't?

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This a money maker for people who know they have the virus. Attend, test immediately after, and collect.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Darwin always win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
Thom wrote:

Exactly, this seems like one of those silly thinly sourced hysteria about "what kids are doing" that always creep up. For example people claiming kids were eating tide pods to get high.

I'm sure there aren't that many doing this, but is proof that covidiots are alive and living among us.
Quote Reply
Re: Covid parties [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
chaparral wrote:
Thom wrote:

I'm sure there aren't that many doing this, but is proof that covidiots are alive and living among us.

I am sure if this has been going on for 3 months now, someone would have some proof.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah I am thinking that this is fake news.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I held off on my initial response being I probably would have done it in college too. Didnt add much other than I was young and reckless at times.

The more I thought about the less I see this as solely an irresponsible act. Information has been that young people are more likely to not show symptoms, if they do get it it will be less severe. Add to that vaccines are unlikely in the near future, if there are vaccines they will only be for vulnerable populations.

And to cap it all off previous articles have circulated the idea of a "bio passport" to travel .

Add it all up, I dont really see this as act of immaturity.
Quote Reply
Re: Covid parties [Fasterthanslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fasterthanslow wrote:
I held off on my initial response being I probably would have done it in college too. Didnt add much other than I was young and reckless at times.

The more I thought about the less I see this as solely an irresponsible act. Information has been that young people are more likely to not show symptoms, if they do get it it will be less severe. Add to that vaccines are unlikely in the near future, if there are vaccines they will only be for vulnerable populations.

And to cap it all off previous articles have circulated the idea of a "bio passport" to travel .

Add it all up, I dont really see this as act of immaturity.

Till they go home from the party, to Mom and Dad, and get them sick and they go visit Grandma and kill her cause their child was an idiot.

Or their kid gets sick enough to go to the hospital, cause many teens still end up in the hospital, and then they take a bed, or spread it to others.

I have heard rumors some college football players are doing it. They spend 2 weeks quarantined in the dorm, miss practice but won't be missing the games.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Covid parties [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They weren't eating them to get high. They were eating them as a challenge like the ice bucket challenge but stupider.
Quote Reply