Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

speed concept rear brake repair
Quote | Reply
The rear brake cover on my 2011 speed concept fell of. I bought a new one along with bolts through my LBS. However I need the "brake booster" to mount it correctly. Trek does not have that part listed on the website. Any suggestions as to how to fix this is appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: speed concept rear brake repair [bswift] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Speed Concept and have worked on my rear brakes a few times. I’m not sure what part you’re referring to though. Can you post a picture?
Quote Reply
Re: speed concept rear brake repair [dktxracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dktxracer wrote:
I have a Speed Concept and have worked on my rear brakes a few times. I’m not sure what part you’re referring to though. Can you post a picture?

They’re referring to the aluminum plate that spans the pivot posts under the brake cover.
Quote Reply
Re: speed concept rear brake repair [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I chatted with trek and the booster comes only with the whole brake assembly so I will probably have to buy the whole brake and install it(or have it installed). Unless of course anybody has spare parts laying around that could be used to fix it. thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Send me a pic of what you need. I have a lot of spare parts around my place
Quote Reply
Re: speed concept rear brake repair [Afg53] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, it is a u shaped bracket that bolts between the cover and the caliper assembly. I tried attaching a pic but it was too large to upload. It is part 35 of the rear brake assembly 419733 (diagram came from trek chat) thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I dont have any spare parts, but here is the labeled diagram.

If you end up with a spare cover for the rear brake by having to buy the whole thing I would likely buy it off you.

Last edited by: rlh212: Jun 29, 20 12:28
Quote Reply
Re: speed concept rear brake repair [rlh212] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for locating the diagram. The cover is sold separately from the assembly so I will need it. thanks again
Quote Reply
Re: speed concept rear brake repair [rlh212] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn. Got the whole brake assembly EXCEPT for the booster. Lol 🤷🏼‍♂️
Quote Reply
Re: speed concept rear brake repair [Afg53] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you have the cover and any cover attachment screws let me know!
Quote Reply