Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ironman unresponsive
Quote | Reply
Hey Guys,
has any of you had luck getting deferral through the Ironman system? I have been trying to pospone IMSR to next year (which I should be entitled to based on when I purchased my entry), but both IM and IMSR have been completely unresponsive. If you got any trick, I would love to know
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: ironman unresponsive [asaretto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I received the below email last week. It looks like the only option for 2021 is IMCdA. Perhaps an email to santarosa@ironman.com may help (unless you've tried that already).

With the recent announcement made about IRONMAN Santa Rosa being postponed to October 17, 2020, we are offering the following:

Free transfer to 2020 IRONMAN Santa Rosa: October 17, 2020 (Automatic Option)

Free transfer to 2020 IRONMAN Wisconsin: September 13, 2020

Free transfer to 2020 IRONMAN Chattanooga: September 27, 2020

Free transfer to 2020 IRONMAN Texas: October 17, 2020

Free deferral to 2021 IRONMAN Coeur d’Alene: June 27, 2021

If you would like to compete in 2020 IRONMAN Santa Rosa on October 17, 2020, no action is required at this time and you do not need to complete the link below. Your registration will automatically be moved to the new date on October 17, 2020.

Please click the below link to make your selection.

Once you have made your selection, you will receive a confirmation email with further instructions.

Please reach out to santarosa@ironman.com for additional questions.

Sign up between: 12:00 a.m. EDT, June 11, 2020 and 12:00 a.m. EDT, June 25, 2020

"I drank what?!?!" - Socrates
Poor Swimmer. Weak Cyclist. Slow Runner.
TriDot Ambassador / Sacramento Triathlon Club
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IMSR is dead after this year, so no option to defer it to 2021. I expected them to offer a transfer to IM California but not the case. I am letting them automatically shift me to October 17th, as new options will have to be presented when that gets cancelled.

Regarding unresponsiveness, I also sent a note about what the Kona slots would look like (quantity, Feb or October) as the website is still listing the October 2020 slots, but have not seen any updates to the site nor received an email response.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Give them a little break... I am sure they will communicate opportunities as they arise. Better some extra patience than an extra disappointment because of preliminary communication.
But I agree, it sucks... I am waiting for the IMLP alternative.
Sam
Quote Reply
Re: ironman unresponsive [sgy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sgy wrote:
Give them a little break... I am sure they will communicate opportunities as they arise. Better some extra patience than an extra disappointment because of preliminary communication.
But I agree, it sucks... I am waiting for the IMLP alternative.
Sam

Agreed with the patience. I think people forget how Ironman just hasn't allowed much in the past. I think they are being pretty flexible for their business model and past practices.

I have deferred two races so far and 70.3 Washington is still on the books but I can't see it. But I think we just need to be patient.

Ultimately, I think they are being pretty fair but also we need to understand they have to keep the business afloat so there's actually something to come back to - they can't just give back millions on a whim.

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Overall, this entire situation has been handled very poorly by the Santa Rosa race organizers. I had e-mailed them several times asking for updates. They went from sending out boilerplate non-replies to just not communicating at all or even updating their FB page. They finally sent out the update on 70.3 SR almost two weeks later than they had committed but they still have not replied to my requests to refund the VIP passes that I purchased for my family. All in all, very unimpressed, and will likely not race SR again.
Quote Reply
Re: ironman unresponsive [kwikfoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know for sure some people have been able to defer to Sacramento 2021. The general options are for everybody regardless of when they bought their slot. But they should honor their own rules. If you bought your slot before a certain date, you have the right to defer no questions asked.

The difference in how IM treats athletes relative to ChRoth is almost unbelievable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Ironman rules for North America suggest that deferments can be made within the calendar year.

".. Athletes may move to a race sooner or later in the calendar year (dependent upon availability) and may move to another North American IRONMAN (140.6) event or to an IRONMAN 70.3 event..."

I was surprised to see this, given that it favours early in the calendar year races, and slowly reduces deferment capability as the year progresses. The last race of the seasons then has no deferment possibility.

In theory .... under those standard deferment rules no-one should be deferring to a 2021 race. COVID issues may well adjust that.

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply