Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Roka Eyeglasses
Quote | Reply
I am in the market for new glasses and am seriously considering the Roka glasses. I know there was a feature on the main page about them, but am looking for more opinions. So, what have you found to be the benefit of the Roka frames? I am trying not to get suckered in by the marketing stuff, so seeing if they are legit or not and worth the price, given that they don't take insurance.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Eyeglasses [JohnnyRocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have two pair of the aviators and love them. the frames are very light and have held up well over the past few years.

Andy Mullen
Team Zoot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Assume you are asking about prescription eyewear, I purchased a pair of the "Cade" style a few months ago and have been happy with them. These replaced a pair of Warby Parker's I had for about 8 years and they didn't make the style anymore. I find the rokas to be of similar quality to other brands I have tried, and the lens clarity is good (better than my WP but in fairness I don't remember what they were like 8 years ago). I will say they are lighter, and stay on my face well. I have even worn them to run or ride on the trainer a few times if I don't feel like putting my contacts in. I think their little interchangeable nosepads feel cheap, but haven't noticed it other than when I swapped them out originally. Can't speak to durability since mine are still fairly new.

I used a $50 Strava challenge coupon to make the price tag more equivalent to others. I feel like they have those often so don't pay full price.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since my vision insurance is pretty terrible, Roka ended up being comparable to decent frame I could get anywhere else,. The no-slip features were the primary reason I got them, and in that regard they're pretty great. Stay in place really well riding or running, which I had trouble with on my other glasses. My main gripe is that the model I got, the Cade, doesn't have a ton of vertical adjustment, which means they sit ever so slightly lower than I would like. This is just because of my tremendously large nose, if you have remotely close to normal facial proportions, it shouldn't be an issue. They also have much more available for home try-on now so you can identify this earlier too. Overall I'll likely get Roka's again for eyeglasses, especially now that they offer blue light blocking.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dont have prescription but wear roka shades for running and cycling. easily the best shades ive owned. super light and often forget I am wearing them

I did get mine on a heavily discounted sale which I felt was definitely worth it. Not sure If I would pay full price when they are constantly running sales but they are good quality
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Eyeglasses [SnowChicken] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have signed up for the latest Strava Challenge, so that'll be $50.

The nylon frames really that different? The "Geko" rubber really work?

So far that is two of you with the Cade. That is a front runner for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Eyeglasses [FishOutofWater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
interestingly, I don't think they will do a prescription with the blue blocking lenses. Seems counterintuitive, but this is what I originally wanted it wasn't an option. Granted, I didn't call them to specifically ask. Just wasn't an option on their website that I could find.
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Eyeglasses [jonmhicks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would contact them as we have found they are super helpful with getting prescription lenses, far beyond what is represented on their websites.

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of Rorys with the photochromic lenses. I think they are worth it if you want a pair of glasses for running/biking that you can also wear casually. If your not using them to workout, there are cheaper options. I've had luck with Warby Parker and Zenni Optical for that.

Jogging - I guess you just run for an extended period of time
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got a pair of Halsey prescription a few weeks ago and so far so good. Used for multiple runs and a few casual rides around the neighborhood with my daughter. The grippers seem to work since I don't notice them at all while running no adjustments needed. Very light for a larger frame. I used their try on at home process, selected different styles and went from there.
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Eyeglasses [Fork-Um] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was looking for new glasses that don't get all bent and slip and whatnot. I figured Roka fit that bill as they are "active lifestyle" glasses. Any other recommendations?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought some two months ago. So far i really like mine. In the past I have had glasses slide off easily while bending over or turning to fast and I went these based off the grips they have.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been an Oakley guy since the original days, and I still have my 2nd pair in the garage, but last Fall I fell into a pair of casual Ti Falcon and one of the road models.. I am almost a complete convert! They are LIGHTER than Oakley and again they seem to fit a tick more secure. Optics are more than acceptable to should I say very good. I can’t fault them at all. My son who has also only worn Oakleys fine he was like 8 also switched and loves them... so yes. Give them a try for sure. Deals can be found in various places such as on Roku outlet Page and eBay,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ive been wearing corrective lenses since i was a teenager till a couple of years back when i had vision correction surgery.

i purchased some of their frames with the blue light blocking lenses for work. i work in a control room and stare at 15 huge monitors for 12 hours a day.

the frames are easily the most comfortable ive ever wore. contact points at the ears and the nose really are great. of course with any frame they have to come off now and again just to get relief, but i have been really happy with them.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did the full custom build of a pair during the memorial day sale, with the USAT partnership you got 30% off. Was legit. And they showed up less than a week later which is rather amazing.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply