Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Magnesium tablets
Quote | Reply
Does any one take a dail tablet? if so, any recommedations. There are sooo many out there no idea where to start.
Quote Reply
Re: Magnesium tablets [AXELLE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you’re good with swallowing horse pills I like the rainbow light magnesium calcium +

Got them on a trip when I forgot to pack mine years ago and have been using them since.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I started taking Rootcha after reading the report on Labdoor https://labdoor.com/rankings/magnesium - two pills at night seemed to help with restless legs and maybe 1-5% deeper sleep. At that small of a bump it could be placebo, but I’ll take the benefit whether it’s placebo or causally. Labdoor seems like a good resource to me, they’re an independent lab that tests for accuracy and purity and makes money through affiliate links. They publish their research and the date of the last test.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes on tablets AND I'd been advised by my nutritionist to use magneseium oil sprayed on legs in the evening (during recovery times) . I can't remember the specifics but something about the body not being able to absorb as much orally (???). I'll generally only do the oil on days I'm riding fwiw.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've gone back and forth between Magnesium Glycinate and Magnesium Citrate. Can't say I notice a huge difference between the two though I feel like the Glycinate is more effective, if marginally. The Citrate is sooooo much cheaper though. Anybody have any thoughts on forms of magnesium?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Be careful. Although I pack them for long rides and certainly on HIM and IM races, they are also an excellent laxative.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best form of magnesium is the make magnesium bicarbonate water out of magnesium hydroxide (either powder or milk of magnesia)

Stuff is noticeably powerful, its a small bit of labor but works wonders

michael Hatch wrote:
Be careful. Although I pack them for long rides and certainly on HIM and IM races, they are also an excellent laxative.

Magnesium supps are typically all better laxatives than they are supplements. The tablet forms are not very bioavailable, and just attract water into the intestines. Theres a reason you see magnesium citrate sold both as a magnesium supplement and as a laxative

Strava
Last edited by: rsjrv99: Jun 10, 20 11:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AXELLE wrote:
Does any one take a dail tablet? if so, any recommedations. There are sooo many out there no idea where to start.

Yes, I have taken a daily tablet, pretty much essential for anyone doing long hours in heat and humidity. In addition it takes a while to get stores back up after they have already started to be depleted. I have used ZMG (with zinc) and MGSport (without Zinc), same company, same magnesium to effectively raise levels. It does use a more bioavailable form of magnesium as opposed to say, store bought magnesium citrate so smaller pills for the same dose. I take it at night, before bed, and have never had an issue.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Magnesium tablets [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is what I use. It's easier on the digestive system. I have no issues with it. I've tried the other one (400mg softgel also sold by Costco) and my stomach cannot handle it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Source Naturals Magnesium Malate from Amazon.

Another gentle form for those sensitive to magnesium oxide or citrate is magnesium malate.* It is often recommended for people suffering from fatigue and symptoms of fibromyalgia since malic acid - a natural fruit acid present in most cells in the body - plays a key role in ATP synthesis and energy production.*

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I take 2000 mg Magnesium L-Threonate in the morning and 150 mg Magnesium Citrate in the evening. I eat very few vegetables, so tend to suffer from a Magnesium deficiency.

There are a number of types of Magnesium, but these are the two that I seem to have gravitated to.The L-Threonate supposedly enhances brain function. The Citrate helps with regularity. Both have stopped the cramping I used to get on the left side of my body due to a thinning disc and previously poor posture.

---------------

"Remember: a bicycle is an elegant and efficient tool designed for seeking out and defeating people who aren't as good as you."

--BikeSnobNYC
Quote Reply