Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Some new road paint in DC [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
windywave wrote:
Good use of taxpayer money to obscure safety lines on the street. Maybe a different color say blue or green would be a better choice....

A while back you had some very fine words for your female black mayor and I silently applauded you. Were your Mayor to borrow this page and add it to her playbook, you might just see positive grow out of the caring display. Outside of affecting the cornering of some 2 wheeled vehicles on wet days, I say not a waste at all. Monies well spent.

Absolutely money well spent. That’s a very nice message.
Quote Reply
Re: Some new road paint in DC [Calamityjane88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Calamityjane88 wrote:
gofigure wrote:
windywave wrote:
Good use of taxpayer money to obscure safety lines on the street. Maybe a different color say blue or green would be a better choice....

A while back you had some very fine words for your female black mayor and I silently applauded you. Were your Mayor to borrow this page and add it to her playbook, you might just see positive grow out of the caring display. Outside of affecting the cornering of some 2 wheeled vehicles on wet days, I say not a waste at all. Monies well spent.

Absolutely money well spent. That’s a very nice message.

there are two messages in that message ;)

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Some new road paint in DC [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
gofigure wrote:
windywave wrote:

You realize my only quarrel is with the paint color? It obscures the lane lines which in Chicago could cause a cluster fuck.

It’s not just the paint...

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Some new road paint in DC [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Last edited by: microspawn: Jun 5, 20 14:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
gofigure wrote:
windywave wrote:

You realize my only quarrel is with the paint color? It obscures the lane lines which in Chicago could cause a cluster fuck.

Lane lines in DC don't matter ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Good use of taxpayer money to obscure safety lines on the street.

GREAT use of taxpayer money. trump is no match for mayor bowser. she may have entered the veepstakes.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Some new road paint in DC [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:

GREAT use of taxpayer money. trump is no match for mayor bowser. she may have entered the veepstakes.

Large lettering and placement are for Trump’s benefit, when he takes off and lands via helicopter
Quote Reply
Re: Some new road paint in DC [LorenzoP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LorenzoP wrote:
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:

Large lettering and placement are for Trump’s benefit, when he takes off and lands via helicopter

the more i think about it, the more i smile. we all know how gracious he is when a woman upstages him.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Some new road paint in DC [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!

President "Grab 'em by the pussy" racist Trump can stare at that and fume for a while. 150 days left...

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Some new road paint in DC [LorenzoP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LorenzoP wrote:
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:

Here it is from mugfughqin’ space

Quote Reply
Re: Some new road paint in DC [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trump (who definitely isn’t racist) is supporting Drew Brees and is mad about the Black Lives Matter Plaza.

But he’s not racist.

He walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and does everything that a duck does...

But he’s not a duck.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Some new road paint in DC [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Trump (who definitely isn’t racist) is supporting Drew Brees and is mad about the Black Lives Matter Plaza.

But he’s not racist.

He walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and does everything that a duck does...

But he’s not a duck.

Dres Brees can go pound sand. He probably won’t play again.

Quote Reply
Re: Some new road paint in DC [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SallyShortyPnts wrote:
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!

President "Grab 'em by the pussy" racist Trump can stare at that and fume for a while. 150 days left...

Not if people don’t vote.

The Republican Party voter suppression machine will be out in full force with zero need to hide anymore, with the full backing of 80% of the nation’s police, 100% of the police unions, and now all the toys that DEA, Blackwater and the rest can bring to bear.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
gofigure wrote:
windywave wrote:

Yes I saw that nitpick. Lane marking confusion?? Not to worry, I'll lay even money that if Lafayette park remains fenced off through the summer, the Mayor will get it blocked to vehicular traffic and this two block section of 16th St turns it into a pedestrian demonstrator walkway.
Quote Reply
Re: Some new road paint in DC [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
gofigure wrote:
windywave wrote:

I did it with GEN Mattis, but I guess we're too quick to criticize people with backbones like DC Mayor, when we all know the reason we're in the mess we're in is because a dearth of backbone. Fine line I guess.

IMO she should keep going. All streets surrounding what she's trying to highlight painted and renamed. She can't make the Federal Government do anything, but she can make them sure wish they had...

(and for the record, I'm looking at this from a DC statehood/autonomy perspective, not a disrespect the president perspective, because of the recent CIVMIL and police and DOJ weirdness we are currently seeing in DC)

You are so insightful..... You really know what they want. Painted streets...

Quoted from bbc.com
But the move by the mayor was panned by the local chapter of the Black Lives Matter Global Network, which called it "a performative distraction from real policy changes" and a way "to appease white liberals while ignoring our demands".

https://www.bbc.com/...d-us-canada-52941254

They describe you perfectly.
Quote Reply
Re: Some new road paint in DC [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
velocomp wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
gofigure wrote:
windywave wrote:

I did it with GEN Mattis, but I guess we're too quick to criticize people with backbones like DC Mayor, when we all know the reason we're in the mess we're in is because a dearth of backbone. Fine line I guess.

IMO she should keep going. All streets surrounding what she's trying to highlight painted and renamed. She can't make the Federal Government do anything, but she can make them sure wish they had...

(and for the record, I'm looking at this from a DC statehood/autonomy perspective, not a disrespect the president perspective, because of the recent CIVMIL and police and DOJ weirdness we are currently seeing in DC)

You are so insightful..... You really know what they want. Painted streets...

Quoted from bbc.com
But the move by the mayor was panned by the local chapter of the Black Lives Matter Global Network, which called it "a performative distraction from real policy changes" and a way "to appease white liberals while ignoring our demands".

https://www.bbc.com/...d-us-canada-52941254

They describe you perfectly.

You're not wrong about what you say, but I don't know what this has to do with anything about me. Painting those streets *and* comprehensive and real reforms can both happen. We can both praise the most baller, the most "American" thing I've seen in a long time and also continue to demand accountability from that Mayor on other subjects.

One thing is clear though... when dealing with a Donald Trump type, this is *exactly* how you play that game... it's the most patriotic and American of ideals, the ancient and subtle art of telling people to go fuck themselves.

Quote Reply
Re: Some new road paint in DC [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes the local BLM chapter has standing to declare the painting as symbolic and for the white of DC. Their stated desired position is for defunding the DCMPD. The Mayor is Mayor for the whole city though and this is just her pragmatic good action not being the enemy of the perfect world envisioned by some of her more idealistic and vocal black residents . As Eric said, there really is a critical audience of one here and yes he is white. She just played NY real estate hard ball and took a massive shit it that man's driveway and that sweet odor is wafting south across the park and into his back lawn. No doubt she and the local chapter of BLM will continue to work together on substantive BLM matters while the positive gains to be had from this "photo op" for all of DC's citizens are priceless.
Quote Reply

Prev Next