Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Inline skating gear suggestions [twcronin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brining this year old thread back to life.

I am thinking of including inline skating into my routine. Since hitting the half century mark I am having trouble staying healthy. I haven't run since early April due to a neuroma, which I have surgery scheduled for on 7/7.

I took a look at the few suggestions listed and 4 x110 K2 Mod looks like I'd kill myself. I kind of like speed but am pretty sure I am not ready for that. For those with experience, what's the next best level down from a 4 x 110?

If I'm honest with myself, I am reeeaallllly eyeballing the 4 x 110. Hot damn they look like they could be fun once I got used to them.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Inline skating gear suggestions [rob_bell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What are you skating on?

I was a speed skater in the late 80's/early 90's when we just moved over to inline skates. This has peaked my interest.
Quote Reply
Re: Inline skating gear suggestions [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ended up upgrading to a 3x110 rollerblade endurace -- not super high-end but as said earlier my stopping skills are not the best and I'm happy these have an optional add-on heel brake. They're not as much faster as I thought they'd be compared to what I was skating in, but they are much more stable and comfortable over uneven ground of any kind, and the ventilation and weight are much better.

How fast you go really depends on form and fitness (and where you're skating) -- don't automatically assume that the skates will be too fast if you can't get low and put in long powerful pushes!
Quote Reply
Re: Inline skating gear suggestions [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
What are you skating on?

I was a speed skater in the late 80's/early 90's when we just moved over to inline skates. This has peaked my interest.

I use custom Simmons boots, alloy Simmons frames, and 3x125mm wheels made by either Bont, MPC, or Matter/Powerslide depending on the course/surface.

The Simmons stuff is expensive, but they are works of art that last many years longer than boots made by other brands.
Quote Reply
Re: Inline skating gear suggestions [rob_bell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you
Quote Reply

Prev Next