Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Blummenfelt, Iden & Stornes will run a 5k road race today. Target time 13.45 [Blu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Keep them coming Blu. Good stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: Blummenfelt, Iden & Stornes will run a 5k road race today. Target time 13.45 [Blu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Blu wrote:
I think it can go the opposite way in terms of injury risk. If you ain't doing any high intensity, especially on the run, during this odd situation and you end up going from September 2019 - March 2021 without the stress load from some "proper" running/racing I believe that can lead into more injuries in early 2021. Can maybe talk more about that in the next video with the guys.

Thanks for your insights and contributions.
And of course, welcome to Slowtwitch.
It is good to see Norway getting back to normal and hopefully you guys will be back in the pool soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Loving the videos and insights into you guys training and racing! Keep’em coming, you’re building a fan base all over the world!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
spot on. I like the videos. Much better then other athletes and just the facts no mental midget stuff about excuses. go hard rest and repeat. the race will tell the rest.

That training area with the track looks awesome where is that?

Technique will always last longer then energy production. Improve biomechanics, improve performance.
http://Www.anthonytoth.ca, triathletetoth@twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Blummenfelt, Iden & Stornes will run a 5k road race today. Target time 13.45 [chrisb12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Injuries and speed do not go hand in hand. Speed and high intensity do not cause injury. BIG MYTH. I have 67 years getting faster for finally focusing on speed and fast paced skill, no longer injured like before.

many more slow athletes are injured then fast.

A 13 min stress run at 21 km/hr for a top runner has less physical break down then your 13 min effort for ( no offence I don't know you) 3 km or 4 km. you have likley less skill and a lower strength to weight ratio so stress in higher.

Now you do 5 km at 19 min and you have 6 min ( 30%) more stress then the faster runners even though you are slower then them.

He takes 1260 steps on one leg for 5 km , you take 1700 landing more stress and impacts then the faster runner.

Zwift is even less stress as biking in low stress and repeatable very often per week.

Man we need to new action in sport and racing. zzzzzzzz

Technique will always last longer then energy production. Improve biomechanics, improve performance.
http://Www.anthonytoth.ca, triathletetoth@twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Blu wrote:
I think it can go the opposite way in terms of injury risk. If you ain't doing any high intensity, especially on the run, during this odd situation and you end up going from September 2019 - March 2021 without the stress load from some "proper" running/racing I believe that can lead into more injuries in early 2021. Can maybe talk more about that in the next video with the guys.

That is a fair point proven by studies.
I think the question is more what will help to give a longer Carrer fast intervals or relatively fast racing at triathlon race or even a bit slower pace or flat out racing.
surely you Guys still being young the body will recover rather quickly from it but the question really is is this also the way to maximise the duration of your carrer?
Quote Reply

Prev Next