Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Don't Tell My Coach, But I Am Running 60-65mpw Now [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mike s wrote:
...more kids need bikes

funny, because the BMX organizing body is very similar to triathlon and Ironman, or there are parallels at least, in the sense that their sport is dying, and they're fiddling while things burn. They *literally* need kids riding bikes, because their product is kids riding bikes!

All that aside, BMX sprint workouts have replaced squats and deadlifts for me and have had a good effect on my testosterone levels IMO. I'm old though...

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Don't Tell My Coach, But I Am Running 60-65mpw Now [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BMXers put out some serious short term wattage, pretty sure Nic Long along a few years back put out 2500ish for 3 seconds or so.
Quote Reply
Re: Don't Tell My Coach, But I Am Running 60-65mpw Now [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mike s wrote:
BMXers put out some serious short term wattage, pretty sure Nic Long along a few years back put out 2500ish for 3 seconds or so.

Absolutely. Just saw a YouTube video of current stud Niek Kimman putting out 2100w in flip flops, crushing his clipped in brother and friends.

This is not new, I've always known this, even before BMX round 2 or cycling and triathlon. What amazes me is that they hit 60kph at the bottom of the 8m start hill and it's just crickets from the high performance directors of many federations.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Don't Tell My Coach, But I Am Running 60-65mpw Now [SwimBikeChase] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dang I have hard time getting back to back 40 mpw! I been working full time through Covid so not much has changed in that regard. Problem is I work in construction so I am on my feet all day every day . Takes a fair amount of motivation to drag my butt out the door in the evening to go for a run.

I am always happy when I do. Been averaging 25-35 a week for a few years now. The last 6 months I’ve been doing weekly speed work and have noticed improvement .

Ive had 2 weeks over 50 mpw in the last 4 years and it felt huge ! Need to get going on the before work am run , not sure I have it in me (convince me otherwise!)

Though there has to be something said for huffing lumber up 3 flights of stairs and monkey climbing in trusses all day...
Quote Reply

Prev Next