Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What's your FTP playlist?
Quote | Reply
I'm a TrainerRoad guy and never listen to music (Netflix or Youtube for me) except when doing an FTP test. I thought it might be interesting to see everyone's playlist their FTP test and why a song was chosen. Here's mine in order for the Ramp Test:

1. Home Sweet Home - Motley Crue
2. The Unforgiven - Metallica

These are the warmup songs. Nice and easy.

3. Kickstart My Heart - Motley Crue

This kicks in right about when I start noticing some pressure/resistance from the trainer, i.e. the legs are starting to realize something's going on now. By the end of this song I'm at or near my old FTP. Of course, the ramps keep climbing from here.

4. Shout at the Devil - Motley Crue

It's really hurting here and time for me to channel from inner teenage angst.

5. Girls, Girls, Girls - Motley Crue

By the time this comes around I'm hating this damm test and am now doing whatever I can to last as long as I can for the girls. I've yet to make it all the way through this song.

6. Mama, I'm Coming Home - Ozzy
7. You and Your Heart - Jack Johnson
8. Only the Ocean - Jack Johnson

These are the cool down songs. I'll typically end the workout at 30 mins. How far I get into the cool down songs depends on how long I last with the girls. ;-)

So, what's everyone got for their playlist?
Quote Reply
Re: What's your FTP playlist? [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've resorted to just signing up for a flat Zwift time trial for TT bike or a hill climb for road bike then racing. Racing gives me more motivation than music.

When it was an old school Cyclops erg bike, I'd turn up some Avicii kind of stuff. Something to keep the cadence up and happening.

Lately been doing outdoors and chasing TT PR's or KOMs on the local TT segments.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I havenā€™t made it to Sucker for Pain during the ramp....yet.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice playlist you got there!

I got these playing twice and once Going the Distance comes around the second time, it's on repeat until my legs give out:

Shinedown - Sound of Madness
Survivor - Eye of the Tiger
Bill Conti, Rocky - Going the Distance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. Warriors - Imagine Dragons (mostly gets my psyched because I was big into the LoL scene when that came out)
2. Lost Yourself - Eminem (an oldie but a goodie)
3. Coastin' - Zion I (ironic lyrics for a pump up but I love the change of pace and the reminder to just slide on through during potentially the most miserable part of the 20 min)
4. Halo Theme Mjolnir Mix - Halo 2 (one of the best songs from a video game ever. great build into the final minutes)
5. 'Till I collapse - Eminem (does it get more basic than a white dude listening to Eminem to get pumped up?)

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: What's your FTP playlist? [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
does it get more basic than a white dude listening to Eminem to get pumped up?

ha, you saw all the Motley Crue on my list didn't you?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No music for me. I enjoy the pain šŸ˜

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: What's your FTP playlist? [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My imagine creating figures on the wall texture!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never done the ramp test, but have used these to get me through the 20-minute one

Hard to See - Five Finger Death Punch
Savior - Rise Against
Letā€™s Have a War - Fear
Welcome to the Family - Avenged Sevenfold
Wait and Bleed - Slipknot
Indestructible - Disturbed
Quote Reply
Re: What's your FTP playlist? [FFigawi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With 1:15 before I start...

F8- Five Finger Death Punch (ends just seconds before you start)

which leads into:

Inside Out- Five Finger Death Punch
Breadfan- Metallica
The Dirt- Motley Crue
Symphony of Destruction- Megadeath
Are you Ready- Disturbed
Eye of the Storm- Godsmack
Full Circle- Five Finger Death Punch
Eye of the Storm- Godsmack
Quote Reply
Re: What's your FTP playlist? [sharkd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I usually just go with Rage Against the Machine. Their fbombs seem to match mine during a FTP ride.
Quote Reply
Re: What's your FTP playlist? [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
1. Warriors - Imagine Dragons (mostly gets my psyched because I was big into the LoL scene when that came out)
2. Lost Yourself - Eminem (an oldie but a goodie)
3. Coastin' - Zion I (ironic lyrics for a pump up but I love the change of pace and the reminder to just slide on through during potentially the most miserable part of the 20 min)
4. Halo Theme Mjolnir Mix - Halo 2 (one of the best songs from a video game ever. great build into the final minutes)
5. 'Till I collapse - Eminem (does it get more basic than a white dude listening to Eminem to get pumped up?)

Absolutely - Til I Collapse on repeat!
Quote Reply
Re: What's your FTP playlist? [PJH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gojira- anything by them
Converge- Jane doe
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Already picked up some good additions here.

1. "Blinding Lights" - The Weeknd
2. "High On Life" - Martin Garrix
3. Unforgettable" - French Montana
4. "The Box" - Roddy Ricch

Mark Saroni
Quote | Reply
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2RA8678pISEdbDHyast05l?si=zq81xWcwS5Cx9P1Z-9NEvw

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: What's your FTP playlist? [Mark S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. Thunderstruck. AC/DC
2. varies
3. Kickstart my heart. Motley cru
4. BOOM POD
Quote Reply
Re: What's your FTP playlist? [HardlyTrying] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hereā€™s mine

Everybody Hurts - REM
Creek - Radio Head
What hurts the most - Rascal Flatts
Disarm - Smahiong Pumpkins
I still havenā€™t found what Iā€™m looking for - U2
Bad - U2
Three little birds - Bob Marley
Superman (Itā€™s not easy) - Five for Fighting
Never Say Never - The Fray
Hemmorage- Fuel
Demons - Imagine Dragon
Quote Reply
Re: What's your FTP playlist? [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fulla wrote:
Gojira- anything by them
Converge- Jane doe

Thanks for bringing some sanity to this thread.
Quote Reply
Re: What's your FTP playlist? [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ClayDavis wrote:
fulla wrote:
Gojira- anything by them
Converge- Jane doe

Thanks for bringing some sanity to this thread.

I have to admit, I listen to an awful lot of Every Time I Die during those 3 minuters at 120%.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty much retired from the heavy FTP stuff. But back in the glory days:
2 Minutes to Midnight: Iron Maiden
Run for your Life: Twisted Sister (Live Version)
Mother: Danzig
Whole Lotta Rosie: AC/DC (Live Version)
Ace of Spades: Motorhead
Thunderstruck: AC/DC
Party Hard: Andrew W.K.

Just a few that came to mind off the playlist. You get the idea. Loud, fast, transfer that metal to your legs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My 5k run/FTP bike/Rowing time trial playlist:

Given Up - Linkin Park
Play for Real (Dirtyphonics Remix) - The Crystal Method
Run with the Wolves - The Prodigy
Kickstart my Heart - Motley Crue
Rebel Yell - Scooter
Shock to the System - Billy Idol
Mota - The Offspring
What's That Spell - Dillon Francis
Son of a Gun - K.M.F.D.M.

Accidentally was listening to this playlist on a ride recently and was wondering why I was feeling the urge to punish myself every interval so much. I'm stealing some of these songs y'all have posted to add to the list.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After reading these posts I understand why everyone has to make themselves 4kg lighter on Zwift. I mean if you set a FTP PB listening to these many, many bad choices imagine what you could do if you even tried with your music?

Can you even call some of these choices music?

My dog says and I quote "F NO" She's an 8 week old puppy. She's also a border collie/GSD mix. Obviously she's pretty smart given her preferred music. What's your excuse?

My Dad 76 yo couldn't even complete an FTP test listening to most of the crap listed. Where did you guys learn to listen to music? Church? (Not that there's anything wrong with that.....I guess.)

You need music that's uplifting, that inspires you, that gets you in the mood to rip a baby from a pregnant woman's stomach with your bare hands.

You need music that inspires you to skip the dentist, rip out your own teeth and bill them for your services. (I've got nothing if you're an actual dentist. Maybe play some of real music for your patients and save $ on Novacaine? \_O_/ )

Motley Crue, Five finger death punch and Slipknot? Please muthafugga, that's not going to help you unless going to to bed is on your agenda. And if that's the case you might as well just stay in bed. It'll do more for your FTP than listening to want to be music like that. Dude you might as well put on Bing Crosby and test. You might even get better numbers with Bing than Imagine Dragons. Imagine that.

You need bands like Archspire where the drummer is going at 350 beats per minute. Try pedaling with that cadence and you'll need a new bike bc you ripped the BB out of the frame. And which of you doesn't love new bike day? Getting a new bike on zwift doesn't count. If you find that exciting just walk away now because your dignity already has.

Try some Parkway drive bc who doesn't love a little bit of Aussie hard rock. Yeah I know they are in the metal genre but barely imo - yet they are leaps and bounds ahead of most metallic though. I mean when was the last time metallica put out a decent song? Last century? You know I'm right.

Since we're in that part of the world how about some chicks crushing you while you try to crush your FTP? Can you even handle that bro? Judging by the choices people wrote above "NO, I can not" is the appropriate answer. Gain some courage for when you test. My puppy just gave me a high five on that, omg how cute was that!

You want a new FTP? You need hope. You need Mayhem. If you can't handle a little mayhem you have no hope. No hope = don't bother testing. Go ride your disc brake e bike instead.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: May 19, 20 9:29
Quote Reply