Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Gaimon breaks everesting record [earthling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, it is, and could definitely fall again this weekend. Emanual Buchmann said he's taking it up for charity (which doesn't mean he'll try to break record).
Quote Reply
Re: Gaimon breaks everesting record [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Swenson's the real deal. When I saw his facebook post about attempting everest "as fast as I can" three days before, I was considering heading out to ride a lap to cheer him on - I though he was doing repeats on the full climb to 9700' or to however high one could get before running into snow on the road and figured it would be freezing cold at the top so I passed. Too bad, would have been inspiring to watch a few laps, especially near the end when most of us would be falling apart but he kept up the same effort. 29 laps at 11% grade at a bit under 300w and about 2 1/2 minutes recovery on the downhill. Impressive!
Quote Reply
Re: Gaimon breaks everesting record [earthling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
earthling wrote:
Looks like he lost it again. This could turn into some kind of world wide challenge!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gTJIlgXVyo

Gaimon: "I have KOMs, I have records all over the world. The sun never sets on my KOM kingdom". LMAO
Quote Reply
Re: Gaimon breaks everesting record [damn lucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damn lucky wrote:
I've rode up both of them. Evans has a lot of expansion joint cracks which would start to beat you up on the downhill and slow you down from just letting it rip. Trail Ridge Rd would be nice in Rocky Mountain NP, but like Evans and Pikes Peak, you're also dealing with traffic. Old Fall River Rd in RMNP would be a great one if it wasn't a one way road. You'd have bragging rights of doing an Everest on a dirt road.

I think another issue with longer downhills is your legs are going to get cold and stiff. You'd start every uphill trying to get them limber again.

The descent of Evans to Echo Lake sucks. My hands and wrists take days to recover.

Formerly DrD
Quote Reply

Prev Next