Prev Next
Re: Time for a new mattress - Any suggestions? [BessYa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gawd. Poor people...

Buy a Hastens.

Quote Reply
Re: Time for a new mattress - Any suggestions? [doug773] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We’ve been mattress shopping. My only suggestion is to purchase from Costco because of the lifetime return policy, even for a mattress purchased online. You do need to return it to the store, I believe, which can be a pain depending on your vehicle situation. But it’s pretty hard to find a good mattress without sleeping on it a few nights. Costco’s easy return policy removes this risk.

In my case, I bought a Ghost Bed for $800 from Costco, which was almost $1200 directly from Ghost Bed. Turns out it’s too stiff for my liking, so I’ll be returning it and buying a mattress that Costco has in the store. Lather, rinse, repeat until I find the right mattress.
Quote Reply
Re: Time for a new mattress - Any suggestions? [dktxracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't imagine returning something that was not defective simply because I chose wrong. That goes straight to the landfill.

Quote Reply
Re: Time for a new mattress - Any suggestions? [sperris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will totally second the bear. It is too firm for my wife but it is firm and cool. I sleep on the warm side and this is the coolest mattress I’ve had. My wife needed a mattress topper but it’s been great.
Quote Reply
Re: Time for a new mattress - Any suggestions? [doug773] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have Nectar Lush king size for years now and i love it!. I was looking for a good mattress for scoliosis and few of my friends recommended to check Mattressive website as they have a very good choice of those. I wasn't disappointed at the end.
Last edited by: MitchMcCrown: Mar 18, 22 7:26
Quote Reply
Re: Time for a new mattress - Any suggestions? [dand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dand wrote:
dcohen24 wrote:
We love our bear hybrid

x2

Definitely a +1 on this. I've LOVED it and don't sweat at night at all anymore!! <3 the Bear Hybrid.

-Eric
Quote Reply
Re: Time for a new mattress - Any suggestions? [M----n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M----n wrote:
I can't imagine returning something that was not defective simply because I chose wrong. That goes straight to the landfill.

Doubtful, I imagine there is a secondary market for all the lightly used stuff returned to stores and manufacturers.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Time for a new mattress - Any suggestions? [chgrubb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chgrubb wrote:
WTF???

Did this forum just morph into a home furnishing debate???

Maybe somebody cold recommend me a good sofa please…………

YOU had a choice to just not read it if you didn't want to, but had to post and complain. Seems like so many people have real input... do something better with your time.

Colorado Triathlon Company, CO2UT 2021, Crooked Gravel 2022, Steamboat Gravel 2022
Quote Reply
Re: Time for a new mattress - Any suggestions? [M----n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M----n wrote:

Returned mattresses are donated or sold at a steep discount. It’s like returning any other item that didn’t work out, like a pair of shoes, except that mattresses are larger. Returns are a cost of doing business. But kudos to you for living a life that doesn’t contribute to landfills!
Quote Reply

Prev Next