Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMSG and other revised schedules
Quote | Reply
Not sure if I missed a thread on revised or postponed dates for US IMs, but was browsing and saw ironman St George has been postponed to September with a specific statement saying KQ slots are allocated for 2021. I know there was some debate in the championships thread about pushing kona to February, so based on this schedule it doesn't look like there is a plan to push it back currently. But as long as summer IMs get canceled or postponed, I don't see there being much of a race in Kona in the fall. Maybe pre qualified and invited pros only, try to push the TV coverage for everyone else. I could see that as a decent option.

Regarding IMSG and the postponement what were people offered, agree to the later date or accept a refund, or entry into another race? I was about 2 seconds away from signing up for it before the corona wave came in. Was waiting to see where I was fitness wise before pulling the trigger, and glad I waited. Raced it when it was an IM in 2010-2012 and was looking forward to going back. Definitely have some good stories from those races and the conditions, the 2012 tidal wave that overtook the swim comes to mind. Anyone else have good or bad memories from when St George was an IM? If anyone wants some entertainment I'll cobble together some historic race reports from there to relive those timeless memories.
Quote Reply
Re: IMSG and other revised schedules [erik+] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IMO by September many states will have R0 back above 1, and maybe states will require out of state travellers to quarantine for 14 days, so I'm wondering if these newly rescheduled fall IMs will even happen.

People have been given options regarding their IMs.... do the IM on the rescheduled day or roll it to another North American IM or roll it over to the 2021 version. I'm not sure what's best.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply