Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Beginner Bike Fit Questions [quinnserfa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's much better.

right now you have a solid position upon which to form opinions. as you get fitter and more used to the bike you'll realize things that annoy you or that you want to change and the more aware you are of what your body is doing the better informed you'll be about making any changes in the future.

but if you start to feel any IT band tightness or knee stuff it's almost certainly related to your saddle height.
Last edited by: jkhayc: May 6, 20 13:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
quinnserfa wrote:
jkhayc wrote:
ok that's actually not bad. your head position is awful, however. ideally you want to feel like your head is "tucked" in between your shoulders.

I agree haha... how do I do that??

google or search the forum for "Jack Mott head position" or something like that... let me see if I can find the pic

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
minor quibbles with this video... the camera is "to the front of" the center of the bike, and while pointed at *your* center, the oblique angle makes it more difficult for people making "fitter's eye" type judgements and comments. Second, the towel blocks our view of your cockpit configuration and also changes your fit because you're propped up on the towel. Finally, if you're going to wear bib shorts on the trainer, wear them. Way more comfortable when you're putting in long hours consistently, will save you some problems down the line.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

quinnserfa wrote:

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Beginner Bike Fit Questions [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just wanted to say thanks for posting the word "unfuck". It made me smile.

If the OP could move that chest of drawers out the way and budge his bike forwards it would be a better video to judge.

Cheers,
Rich.
Quote Reply
Re: Beginner Bike Fit Questions [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Army word.

Quote Reply
Re: Beginner Bike Fit Questions [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
minor quibbles with this video... the camera is "to the front of" the center of the bike, and while pointed at *your* center, the oblique angle makes it more difficult for people making "fitter's eye" type judgements and comments. Second, the towel blocks our view of your cockpit configuration and also changes your fit because you're propped up on the towel. Finally, if you're going to wear bib shorts on the trainer, wear them. Way more comfortable when you're putting in long hours consistently, will save you some problems down the line.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

quinnserfa wrote:

I apologize for the poor video, space is tight in my room, can't go in the garage because we have a car in there. I will see what I can do though. Appreciate the feedback!

Sidenote: also appreciated the use of "unfuck" so thank you for that humor
Last edited by: quinnserfa: May 7, 20 10:35
Quote Reply

Prev Next