Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Specialized Exos fit help
Quote | Reply
Hey peeps, I am interested in a pair of Specialized Exos and cannot try them on thanks to coronageddon. I do not have any experience with Specialized. I wear

10.5 in Nike, Saucony, New Balance
44.5 in LG tri and road shoes
44 in bontrager road shoes
44.5 in Sidi road shoes

What size should I get in Specialized?

Thanks
Last edited by: Klaus Daimler: May 5, 20 14:03
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Exos fit help [Klaus Daimler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From my experience od Specialized shoes they size up good ; by which i mean not stupidly small ot narrow or low volume

I've run in NB shoes for several years and was in a uk 9.5 (= usa 10.5) but wide fit.

I've a couple of pairs if specialized shoes. Both in a euro 45. They're comfy for me and generous in the forefoot so i can wear a thicker sock happily in the mtb shoe.
(Sidi historically would crucify my feet as i need readonably wide, but defo need volume at the front.

For other ref I'm a perfect fit UK 9.5 in a variety if ON shoes for running these days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ride a 44 in Bontrager road and 44.5 in Sidi Wires. I have a pair of Exos in 44. They’re very comfortable

-"Bottom line, it's the Hunter, not the arrow. Ride what you want."

http://fulltriathlonracing.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Exos fit help [JohnIV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool, thanks. So get the same size as I wear in bontrager? Is fit about the same? More narrow or wide? Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The forefoot material is stretchy so your toes can wiggle a bit. I really like the shape of the carbon outsole so it feels quite planted

-"Bottom line, it's the Hunter, not the arrow. Ride what you want."

http://fulltriathlonracing.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure about the exos, but the latest s-works are a lot wider in the front than previous ones. I happened to change back to my 2013 ones this morning after 15 months of the S-works 7s, and was stunned how I ever managed to ride in the old ones given how tight they were. I'm a wide fit in all running shoes, and so would say Shimano are now on the wide side, albeit there is the toes strap that allows you to tighten the forefoot if you need that (better, as if it's small you can't stretch it out).

If you are buying mail order your should be able to try and return. Note that they don't give over time like 'normal' shoes do. So they will feel like they do when you first try them on 15000 miles later.

Also consider if you are going to add any of the insole wedges in there. They come with half a degree of buildup on the inside by default, and then you either add a wedge under the front to increase that to one degree as I needed, or another one that is angled the other way to flatten to zero degree. Can also replace the insoles, and I found that I needed to do this after about 10,000km. Although I'm 85kg and do a lot of hill riding so potentially flatten the insoles more than a 55kg whippet that rides dutch TT courses all year would.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Exos fit help [JohnIV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JohnIV wrote:
I ride a 44 in Bontrager road and 44.5 in Sidi Wires. I have a pair of Exos in 44. They’re very comfortable
I’m the same, 44.5 in Sidi Shot but 44 in the Exos. They’re fairly wide midfoot and into the toe box
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wear 43s and the Exos fit exactly true to that. 43 is S-phyre and Empires for me too.

Exos are incredible. Not an everyday shoe though
Quote Reply