Prev Next
Re: Saddle sore gone bad.. advice needed [Cookiebuilder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude... take a break.

2024: IM Hamburg
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle sore gone bad.. advice needed [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a pilonidal cyst and this sounds nothing like it. They almost always occur at the end of your tail bone.

My experience in having it treated was quite traumatic. I was 22, had just graduated from college and was in Boston for the summer, rowing for an elite development camp there. I went to the emergency room at Mass General. The woman at the check-in desk said she had a doctor immediately available upstairs in an examination room and I would not have to wait for the emergency room - strange, right?

Anyway, I went up to see the doc. He diagnosed it quickly as a pilonidal cyst, and bent me over the exam table, took out a scalpel, and proceeded to cut a deep X over top of the cyst, with no anesthesia of any kind. He then pulled the little flaps of skin back, inserted a plastic tube, connected it to a syringe and sucked out the fluid.

At one point I was screaming in pain (like full-on screaming), and he simply, calmly asked, "does that hurt?"

Afterwards I was totally in shock, managed to get a cab back to my apartment, collapsed just inside the door and slept in the hallway for like an hour.

I had to drain it several times a day for quite a while after and it was very productive and very gross. It healed up fine and I've never had a problem since. It did not occur to me until years later that I should have sued him for malpractice.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply

Prev Next