Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Pain cave flooring [cassinonorth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cassinonorth wrote:
dangle wrote:
I bought some from a different farm supply store and they aren't cut nearly as accurate/straight as something designed for flush side-by-side flooring.

The ones from TCS fit super flush.

Well that's good to hear. I may have to make the drive to TSC if I do something similar in the future.
Quote Reply
Re: Pain cave flooring [J.Thompson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the rubber floor rolls. Good gym quality and I'm happy with the choice. I am struggling with the best, easiest way to clean them. I haven't found a good answer. i sweep with a broom & have used a vacuum. But not sure on tracked in or dried stuff from feet or pet cat tracks. Is there a good mop, not the string kind that works well & preferred cleaner so I'm not having to bend over and individually clean each spot with brush.
Thanks for any suggestions
Quote Reply
Re: Pain cave flooring [BarbBikeTechie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarbBikeTechie wrote:
I have the rubber floor rolls. Good gym quality and I'm happy with the choice. I am struggling with the best, easiest way to clean them. I haven't found a good answer. i sweep with a broom & have used a vacuum. But not sure on tracked in or dried stuff from feet or pet cat tracks. Is there a good mop, not the string kind that works well & preferred cleaner so I'm not having to bend over and individually clean each spot with brush.
Thanks for any suggestions

What types of messes are you cleaning up? My cheap foam rubber mats are literally the easiest thing to clean up. Sweat is removed with a single towel swipe as it doesn't absorb down into the floor, and dust is easily swept or vacuumed.
Quote Reply
Re: Pain cave flooring [BarbBikeTechie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the rolls as well, love them. For cleaning, I just use the rope mop and water. Clean the water frequently so you are not putting dirty water back down and do the room. Mine has a bit of a texture, so it'll pull lint off the cloth mop, just wait until that dries and it'll vacuum right up.

As far as other questions about installing, I put it down tight, and within a few weeks i had gaps everywhere. I had to pull it up when I was working on the rest of the room finish and when I reinstalled it (tight again) it hasn't moved. On the two outside runs (4 total) the treadmill on one side and the weight rack on the other so they are not sliding anywhere. I'm guessing I had some contraction of the material as it adjusted to the environment, although I wouldn't have expected that with the rubber.
Quote Reply
Re: Pain cave flooring [westandrew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've come completely full circle on this... smooth polished concrete. Use a yoga mat if you want to do anything on the floor, and a trainer mat if you want to put something under your bike.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Pain cave flooring [kppolich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kppolich wrote:
Wood or laminate wood in the room for future other uses or resale value. Then, go to harbor freight and get this roll for less than $10.00 to put your bike and trainer on and be done with it.
https://www.harborfreight.com/...g_q=anti-fatigue+mat

People live below you?

I am second floor and pulled up carpet that was down in bedrooms. I am concrete with metal joists below. Most concrete requires a ton of work to polish, if it was not poured with that as the original intention. Mine was level, but not flat. My second bedroom is a dedicated workout room. I went with glue down solid California Bamboo, the installers flattened the floor some, and have a mat under my Kickr and bike, and a mat for working out. If you are second floor, you do not need to worry too much about moisture, but protecting against it is never a bad idea.

Two things to think about:

Check your documents to be sure you can replace soft flooring with hard flooring, or what the rules may be. Some condos are very strict. My current place is not, but I read the information, submitted a request, and made the board give me a signed approved copy, even though they said they did not have an issuer with it. I hate being bitten in the butt by stuff like that.

All those videos on YouTube that show how easy it is do your own self leveler compound? It isn't. It is very easy to screw up. Trust me and don't ask how I know.

---------------

"Remember: a bicycle is an elegant and efficient tool designed for seeking out and defeating people who aren't as good as you."

--BikeSnobNYC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the rubber rolls - I got them about 4 years ago when I moved into a new house (and then moved them with us when we moved again last summer. I didn't do any kind of formal installation (like gluing down etc) - I had them in about 1/4 of our basement on the concrete floor. I unrolled them myself and laid them together. They are so heavy that they don't move that much. I cut them to size using a utility knife (was really easy). I would get them again for sure. The other mats are smaller (albeit the same thickness) - but without the "mass" of the roll they might move around more.
Quote Reply
Re: Pain cave flooring [mtrichick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When we converted one room for exercise in the old house, we used solid rubber flooring mats that some have recommended. I always found them uncomfortable to do any floor exercises. There just wasn't any real 'give' to the floor. I'm sure it would have been great if we were dropping heavy weights or something, but doing situps (or leg lifts or similar exercises on your back) felt similar to being on hardwoods

In the new house, when we finished the basement exercise room, we used this product, with a rubber top layer bonded to the foam layer underneath. We installed the 3/4" version, and it's been perfect. Just the right amount of give under body weight, and durable enough that I drop dumbbells on it without worrying about tearing up the foam. I don't bother with another mat under by bike trainer, either.

https://www.rubberflooringinc.com/...oam/soft-rubber.html
Quote Reply
Re: Pain cave flooring [djhuff7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those of you using the rubber rolls, where are you buying them? I'm looking for longer length rolls, about 4 feet by 25 feet each. I've looked at the main hits online but have seen a lot of horrible delivery and customer service complaints.
Quote Reply
Re: Pain cave flooring [Horchata] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine I actually bought off of Amazon. Incstores I believe was the brand. You can buy direct from them for about 1/2 the price of Amazon, but the shipping costs quickly eat into any savings, so I just ordered through Amazon. The company ships from CA, so if you are west coast, it may make sense to buy direct.

Mine are over 2 years old now and still holding up great, no deformation at all with a heavy tread and 1/2 rack full of weights on them.
Quote Reply
Re: Pain cave flooring [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Tractor Supply Horse Stall Mats

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/4-ft-x-6-ft-x-3-4-in-thick-rubber-stall-mat

Use these under seams and where corners are.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Simpson-Strong-Tie-Pack-6-in-x-3-in-x-Plate/3047922?cm_mmc=shp-_-c-_-prd-_-hdw-_-ggl-_-LIA_HDW_213_Decorative-Hardware-_-3047922-_-0-_-0-_-0&ds_rl=1286981&gclid=Cj0KCQiA15yNBhDTARIsAGnwe0U184RTDZ2vQlaAH3zKiXgnJsMipy3uRLgMZwke1t-aZ2g6EbyLvmMaAtlpEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Heavy. Will not move. Eliminates sound. And you can not damage them even with harsh cleaning chemicals
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cork. Slight cushioning, noise deafening, antimocrobial.
Quote Reply
Re: Pain cave flooring [Horchata] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We just finished a new house with a gym…and due to supply chain issues I ended up having to source my own gym flooring. Best option I found was through Rogue. The manufacturer is Regupol…if you can find another distributor…they don’t have that many. But Rogue was easy to order with…and we received the rolls in about 3-4 weeks…
Quote Reply
Re: Pain cave flooring [zooropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome, thanks. The Regupol stuff through Rogue was one of my top 2 options (rubberflooringinc being the other). The Regupol stuff looks pretty solid from what I can gather online. How do you like it? And did everything arrive intact? I've been reading horror stories online about significant shipping delays and/or stuff arriving really damaged during shipping. The Rogue stuff is a couple hundred dollars cheaper (for 400 square feet), so if you were happy with the quality and delivery, I might go that way. I can wait a month, even close to two, but don't want it to go much longer.
Quote Reply
Re: Pain cave flooring [ScoutMac187] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ScoutMac187 wrote:

Tractor Supply Horse Stall Mats

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/4-ft-x-6-ft-x-3-4-in-thick-rubber-stall-mat

Use these under seams and where corners are.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Simpson-Strong-Tie-Pack-6-in-x-3-in-x-Plate/3047922?cm_mmc=shp-_-c-_-prd-_-hdw-_-ggl-_-LIA_HDW_213_Decorative-Hardware-_-3047922-_-0-_-0-_-0&ds_rl=1286981&gclid=Cj0KCQiA15yNBhDTARIsAGnwe0U184RTDZ2vQlaAH3zKiXgnJsMipy3uRLgMZwke1t-aZ2g6EbyLvmMaAtlpEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I used horse stall mats in my pain cave and have never looked back. The key is to stagger the seams. This creates quite a bit more work but if you stagger the seams, they will not move. They do smell like rubber at first but after a few months, the smell is gone. Cut them by laying the mat over a 2x4 where the cut is to be made. Use a box knife to make the cut. Change your blade often.

Heavy. Will not move. Eliminates sound. And you can not damage them even with harsh cleaning chemicals
Quote Reply

Prev Next