Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Back to looking for a new mattress, and it is a toss up!
Quote | Reply
We have a Nectar, and it sucks!

Purple or Casper?
Quote Reply
Re: Back to looking for a new mattress, and it is a toss up! [EndlessH2O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went to a Macy's to try out a purple, I did not buy it. Instead we bought a brand called bedgear, when you buy it the left and right sides you can choose the firmness. Also in the future if you change, for about two hundred bucks you get a new set of coils. But also along with that that came with an adjustable frame, which is kind of like the old adjustamatic beds of old but after having one I can never go back.

I miss YaHey
Last edited by: Justgeorge: Apr 8, 20 19:01
Quote Reply
Re: Back to looking for a new mattress, and it is a toss up! [Justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife wants an adjustable. I may have to give into that request. At this point I will do anything to have a relatively pain free night's sleep.
Quote Reply
Re: Back to looking for a new mattress, and it is a toss up! [EndlessH2O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a purple pillow, and I want the entire bed. BAD. We have a Leesa bed and it's best mattress I've had, but we'll be getting a Purple in another year or two.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would go with the adjustable air. It really lets you dial in and play with different firmness levels. I have altered it from night to night and even during the course of the night and then have gone through stretches for weeks were it felt good on a certain setting.
Quote Reply
Re: Back to looking for a new mattress, and it is a toss up! [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We have two Leesas. Bought the first one because it was the simplest way to transport and replace a king mattress at our vacation house and we liked it so much we bought another to replace the mattress at home. They are terrific mattresses. What makes Purple better? We might be getting another one for one of the guest rooms this season.
Quote Reply
Re: Back to looking for a new mattress, and it is a toss up! [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
We have a Leesa bed and it's best mattress I've had

x2. Perseus' mattress is great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My husband convinced me we needed a split king adjustable. I was very skeptical. I love it. We went back to firm Serta inner Spring mattress. I don’t like the foam mattresses. Love the new bed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EndlessH2O wrote:
We have a Nectar, and it sucks!

Purple or Casper?

There's a fascinating article out there on mattress wars and about a site that was the #1 site for mattress recommendations. really interesting and eye opening article. Wish I had the link.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We are 10+ yrs on our Comfortaire air bed.. LOVE it. One side has the old pump, the other the new cause my side started leaking a few years ago, and it was simplier and not much more to replace the air mattress and pump. Funny part, when we lose power for some reason wife side loses air, she forgets has 1 horrible night sleep then re-inflates. Love it, cant see changing beds for a while.

For reference I'm an obese 240lb 6ft and she is a petite 5'2" and probably 120 (but I am not asking :O

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out Saatva. Oh my god, it is the best mattress I've ever slept on. It is a combination of spring and memory foam (I'm not a fan of memory foam mattress having owned a Casper), but Saatva has seemed to hit the sweet spot.

It sleeps really cool, has good support for me (stomach sleeper) and my wife (side and back sleeper), and has good rebound. It is also forgiving when one of us moves, the other is not disturbed by the movement.

https://www.saatvamattress.com/mattress
Quote Reply
Re: Back to looking for a new mattress, and it is a toss up! [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
There's a fascinating article out there on mattress wars and about a site that was the #1 site for mattress recommendations. really interesting and eye opening article. Wish I had the link.

Is this the article?
https://www.fastcompany.com/...of-the-mattress-wars

Great story and, wow, what a wild hot mess ... !

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All I can say is that we dropped $4K on a memory foam / coil combo mattress and it is OK. My wife complains that she hates it (which I find a bit weird because she had historically slept on broken beds, beds on angles, and likes sleeping on a small, cheap IKEA couch and sometimes the floor).

Now we are kind of pot committed.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Back to looking for a new mattress, and it is a toss up! [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
Uncle Arqyle wrote:

Is this the article?
https://www.fastcompany.com/...of-the-mattress-wars

Great story and, wow, what a wild hot mess ... !

Yep, that's the one. I remember the guy being in Brooklyn. Amazing amount of money involved.
Quote Reply
Re: Back to looking for a new mattress, and it is a toss up! [Moonrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Moonrocket wrote:
My husband convinced me we needed a split king adjustable. I was very skeptical. I love it.

We went with the split king (which is actually just two Twin XL mattresses) with adjustable bases as well. Tempur-pedic Pro Adapt series. Mine is soft and my wife's is a medum hybrid. Cost about as much as a small car but they're nice.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Back to looking for a new mattress, and it is a toss up! [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriskal wrote:
We have two Leesas. Bought the first one because it was the simplest way to transport and replace a king mattress at our vacation house and we liked it so much we bought another to replace the mattress at home. They are terrific mattresses. What makes Purple better? We might be getting another one for one of the guest rooms this season.
The honey comb rubber polymer stuff gives where you want it too better than memory foam. I'm a side sleeper and my shoulders get sore sometimes. I love the purple pillow enough that Is like to try the mattress next go round.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have an Essentia on our main bed and a Purple in the guest bedroom. Both are great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought one of these: https://www.leesa.com/...eesa-hybrid-mattress, and quite like it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have both a Purple and a Casper bed. We started with a Casper (which is now our older son's bed) and now have a Purple. I like the Purple much better. Not that Casper is bad...it's a firmer mattress if that's your thing. The Purple mattress is just nicer and breathes better as well (IMO). I was waking up sore from laying on my sides on the Casper. But, maybe that's just age.

They're both great. But if you don't mind spending the extra $$$, then the Purple is probably the nicer option of the two.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
resurrecting this thread from this spring. my husband has wanted a new mattress for a couple of years. ours was 15 yrs old. i thought it was fine. after reading this thread and doing some research we settled on an Avocado hybrid mattress. https://www.avocadogreenmattress.com/...cts/avocado-mattress. we have had 3 sleeps on it. we both love it. the first night neither of us slept well. my husband said it felt like how you sleep when you camp. i think that was the best way to describe it. the next 2 nights have been wonderful. it's a hybrid mattress and came shrunk up into a box the size of me for a king bed. we were not able to test it out in a store.

my super power is sleeping. my husband is a light sleeper. i sleep on my back he sleeps on his tummy. i said get what you want. but my only requirement is that it isn't full of chemicals. like fire retardents and other stuff i don't even know about it. i have heard the chemicals in mattresses can be linked to alzheimers. this bed is all natural material. has a wool topper on it which is naturally fire retardent. plus wool is good at temperature regulation.

we opened the box and slept on it the same night. i have heard others say some of the memory foam mattresses smell bad and take a few days to air out. this mattress has no smell. we went back and forth between this one and the saatva mattress that was suggested in an earlier post. my husband pulled the trigger on this one. now i feel bad that we didn't do it sooner.

this bed has a 1 year trial. and a 20 year guarantee.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EndlessH2O wrote:
My wife wants an adjustable. I may have to give into that request. At this point I will do anything to have a relatively pain free night's sleep.

We are loving the split king adjustable. We have different mattresses to our taste.When he broke his leg last yearor I have a really hard training session, propping up legs is a godsend.

The only downside is that twin XL sheets have to ordered separately from the rest of a king-size sheet set.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Back to looking for a new mattress, and it is a toss up! [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SallyShortyPnts wrote:
EndlessH2O wrote:

We are loving the split king adjustable. We have different mattresses to our taste.When he broke his leg last yearor I have a really hard training session, propping up legs is a godsend.

The only downside is that twin XL sheets have to ordered separately from the rest of a king-size sheet set.

funny you say this.my neighbor asked me if we got two twins with the adjustable foundation. this never even crossed our minds. i could see it being awesome. must be one of those things like automatic windshield wipers that you didn't know you needed until you had it.

does the foundation fit inside the foot print of your existing bed frame? i love my headboard which is a platform bed.
Quote Reply
Re: Back to looking for a new mattress, and it is a toss up! [lkkowski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lkkowski wrote:
SallyShortyPnts wrote:
EndlessH2O wrote:

funny you say this.my neighbor asked me if we got two twins with the adjustable foundation. this never even crossed our minds. i could see it being awesome. must be one of those things like automatic windshield wipers that you didn't know you needed until you had it.

does the foundation fit inside the foot print of your existing bed frame? i love my headboard which is a platform bed.

Yes, the new foundation fits perfectly inside of our bed frame with no problem.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply