Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Specialized Venge product cycle
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know when a potentially upgraded Specialized Venge will launch? I believe the current one came out in 2018. I am trying to time a purchase to either get the newest version or get the current version at a (wishful thinking) discount.

Thoughts?

Brian
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Venge product cycle [bpe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The next release for Specialized will be the Tarmac SL7. The pandemic has slowed down everything though. I suspect the next Venge will be at least 15 to 24 months away.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Venge product cycle [stonerider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think new Venge in autumn 2021, Tamac SL7 autumn 2020
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the current Venge. Best bike I ever had, and I have had a lot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the current gen came out in 2018, but it's a 2019 model, I could be wrong.

It's a great bike; just today I put on some 30c gravel wheelset and took it to the gravel trail. Never thought I could do that with an aero road bike. N-1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't have any inside information on this but I have a hard time imagining a new new Venge anytime soon. It has all the current features like disc brakes and room for bigger tires. These bikes are pretty much at peak aero, so you would have to invest a ton for really marginal gains on a low volume product. More importantly, I think Specialized has a track record hanging onto some designs for years. The Shiv TT was probably a 2011 or 2012 bike. It got one revision to make it UCI legal and I guess it got a new fork about 4 years ago, but they didn't touch that bike for years. Same with the first Venge and the Shiv Tri, though those bikes weren't quite as antiquated by the time they were revised (4-6 years).

If I had to guess, you will see their aero efforts go into a gravel bike and further refinements of the Tarmac.

The one thing that might motivate Specialized to build a new Venge would be a reduction in the UCI minimum weight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking to buy a new Venge frameset, but it's sold out pretty much everywhere.

Is Specialized planning a new Venge or is there a replacement on the way?
Quote Reply