Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best kid bike seat for a Specialized Diverge?
Quote | Reply
We took in a foster child last week and need to figure out how to get him on the bike with the rest of the family. I am thinking a bucket of some type - one in front of her rather than behind her. I don't think I want to put him on the ground in one of those carriers mainly because of the areas we ride are cramped (lots of signs and street poles in the middle of our sidewalks - I feel really bad for people in wheelchairs).

Being a "nice" bike, I know that the rear carrier we used to have wouldn't work because it clamped onto the quick release seatpost bolt.

Anyone found a system/style of bike carrier they like for getting a kid on their "nicer" bike?
Quote Reply
Re: Best kid bike seat for a Specialized Diverge? [Jnags7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trailer is the only way to fly. Much easier and safer to load/unload, etc. Also easier to deal with all the things kids need to be enjoyable around (snack, temp control, diapers). If you're more urban/walkable, I'd consider a cargo/dutch bike setup. The trailer is obviously easier to find used and cheap.
For a Diverge, you might need a thru axle hitch.
Last edited by: jfranci3: Apr 2, 20 7:55
Quote Reply
Re: Best kid bike seat for a Specialized Diverge? [Jnags7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We're using a Topeak BabySeat II and like it. Rack will mount to standard rack bosses. There's also a couple of panniers that will work with the rack. Only downside I've had is once they get big enough and their legs long enough, you'll end up kicking their feet each pedal stroke. At that point, it's time for them to ride their own bike.

https://www.topeak.com/...seat--ii-rack-(disc)
Quote Reply
Re: Best kid bike seat for a Specialized Diverge? [jfranci3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah. Feeling that it might end up there.
Quote Reply
Re: Best kid bike seat for a Specialized Diverge? [mgreer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting - will look into it.
Quote Reply