Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Best treadmill: Woodway vs ?? [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
Nothing compares to the Woodway ........snip..... Beauty of this new machine- it connects directly to Zwift.

We just took delivery of a new Woodway 4front (June-ish 2020). I love the machine and find it much quieter than our old treadmill (granted it was a low/mid range model).

I do have two issues though:

1. We got the fancier screen, but in hindsight I would have skipped it. I find the interface a little slow and watching netflix on it is not very good IMO. I now just use a regular TV to stream shows.
  2. I could not connect to Zwift directly. I ended up buying the NPE GEM Retro adaptor; it required me to remove the back panel on the screen and plug the module into the CSAFE2 data port. Once I did that zwift (via apple TV) found the treadmill right away. It was my understanding that the WW would be able to connect to Zwift right away but for whatever reason it didn't work out for me. First world problem of course.
My 2c
Quote Reply
Re: Best treadmill: Woodway vs ?? [JStirfry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That might be a fancy screen issue. Heard that from another person. I have the very basic screen

My Woodway also sends elevation date to Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn you fancy screen!!!!!

;)
Quote Reply
Re: Best treadmill: Woodway vs ?? [JStirfry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep. I sought the most basic, smallest-possible display, the Quick Set. I'd much rather watch Zwift or other entertainment on the TV in front of the treadmill. Also, I figured (maybe incorrectly) that the built-in screen itself may be a resale liability somewhere down the road if I sold the treadmill.

Edit: Not sure if the screen/display setup matters, by my 4Front is found instantly by the Apple TV. It is a little finicky that the treadmill will only show up in Zwift's pairing for like the first 15 seconds it's actually turned on. I don't know if this is some kind of power-saving idea (if you're not using BT, why keep broadcasting), which seems ridiculous on device which requires a 30 amp outlet, but it sure does irritate me.
Last edited by: Brytcyd: Jan 17, 21 13:58
Quote Reply
Re: Best treadmill: Woodway vs ?? [Brytcyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I figured as well that I would rather replace my big screen or iPad at a certain point. And not have to worry about a big display on my treadmill. I mostly run with a newer generation iPad Pro sitting right in front of it, on a small cut down ribbed thin trivet
Quote Reply
Re: Best treadmill: Woodway vs ?? [Brytcyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, not sure what to say. I spent quite a bit of time trouble shooting then just gave up and ordered the adaptor from NPE.

The install was easy, just popped off back panel , plugged it in, and reinstalled panel.

I also agree with Herbert; I would have preferred the basic version as I find displays and electronics get outdated fast.

Anyway, still love the treadmill.
Quote Reply
Re: Best treadmill: Woodway vs ?? [RangersBouncy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RangersBouncy wrote:
If money is no object, I think Woodway is as good as it gets. Nearly all professional sports teams have them, and they are bullet proof. I've tried a ton of treadmills in high end gyms, and nothing comes close to a Woodway, in my humble opinion.

Is that still your opinion now? What was next best (even if still not close to a Woodway) in your experience?

Have you tried any other slat treadmills, like these (some of which didn't exist at the time of your original comment above)?
  • Technogym Skillrun or Run
  • Matrix Performance Plus
  • TRUE Fitness Stryker
  • Xebex FreeRun
  • Peloton Tread+
  • Sole ST90 (2020 or 2023 models)

Have you tried the Star Trac 10TRx FreeRunner?
Last edited by: twitchspeed: Dec 18, 23 20:52
Quote Reply
Re: Best treadmill: Woodway vs ?? [indianacyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
indianacyclist wrote:
The Unity interface is super easy to use, speed/elevation paddles are great, and I really prefer the running surface over the Woodway. Downside is they cost like $15k new and there isn't much of a used market. The Unity 3.0 adds something like $3k alone.

Still want to try the Peloton at some point. Looks interesting and not a ludicrous price point
Would you mind explaining more specifically what you preferred about the Skillrun running surface over the Woodway? Have you tried the Peloton Tread+ (or any other slat treadmills) yet?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
Nothing compares to the Woodway in terms of feel, plus Woodway has also refrained from adding fancy controls that are often the Achilles heel in terms of trouble and repairs. Plus I have never been on any other treadmill that responded as swiftly to input as the Woodway. They are amazing.

I assume you mean the swiftness of speed and incline changes. Did the “fancy Technogyms” (which you mentioned in another comment that you've run on) include the Skillrun, and do you have experience with any other slat treadmills?
Last edited by: twitchspeed: Dec 18, 23 20:55
Quote Reply

Prev Next